Battery for accessories

Hilgart2017

Hilgart2017

Jan 3, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Tryin to find a decent battery that will hold a charge for a couple days while pushing a amp and 2 speakers possibly rock lights as well but i don’t want it to break my wallet. I don’t have a battery isolator yet to keep a spare battery charged but if it will atleast make a day that will be fine too, i can charge overnight if need be. Any recommendations are welcome thanks guys.

Reactions: TxDoc
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm no electrical guru but you can always wire them together, put a fuse fuse/breaker to the fuse box.

Reactions: Hilgart2017
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
If you just wire the 2 batteries together it's just like putting a higher capacity single battery in the generator/stator will keep them both charged no problems the isolator is to keep the charging system from working harder with both batteries hooked up together I have had mine like that with out an isolator for almost a year now I do run a circuit breaker on the tie in for second battery of 50amp so if there is a battery issue it will trip the breaker and not kill the unit I am running 90% of my accessories off the second battery so if u have an accessory failer I can either pull its individual fuse or kill them all together via breaker. I have not had any issues running this setup I do check battery state of health occasionally and keep a battery tender on machine when it sets for more then a month just for good maintenance. I am running a agm battery from a local sound shop basically designed for this purpose of handling the load yet keeping a charger for extended periods of time. It is a Energie er1600 running about 100 dollars
20201025 151819

Hilgart2017

Hilgart2017

Jan 3, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you just wire the 2 batteries together it's just like putting a higher capacity single battery in the generator/stator will keep them both charged no problems the isolator is to keep the charging system from working harder with both batteries hooked up together I have had mine like that with out an isolator for almost a year now I do run a circuit breaker on the tie in for second battery of 50amp so if there is a battery issue it will trip the breaker and not kill the unit I am running 90% of my accessories off the second battery so if u have an accessory failer I can either pull its individual fuse or kill them all together via breaker. I have not had any issues running this setup I do check battery state of health occasionally and keep a battery tender on machine when it sets for more then a month just for good maintenance. I am running a agm battery from a local sound shop basically designed for this purpose of handling the load yet keeping a charger for extended periods of time. It is a Energie er1600 running about 100 dollars View attachment 280217
Thanks for the input man i appreciate it. I will probably do that then and see how it works out and i will probably look into that battery as well since most deep cycle or gels are 200 plus and if i wire them together i may go with a regular car battery for now and see how that holds up and upgrade a little later one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!