Be Wary of SCAMMERS.... They are everywhere.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

BE WEARLY OF SCAMMERS!!!

Lately, both here and on social media sites there seems to be a plethora of scammers.
If you are not wary, you can set scammed fairly easy and will be SOL on your money.

DO NOT let a "GOOD DEAL" blind you.
Do not let a "good deal" blind you. You will feel hurried to "secure the deal" and quick to make payment before John Doe #2 beats you to it. This is just the nature of it. But do not let this blind you from the RED FLAGS that are usually everywhere.

RED FLAGS of a scammer.
  • #1 they emailed/messaged you vs posting.
  • New account
  • No post or few post.
  • Review post to make sure they are actually relevant.
  • Restricted profile.
  • Odd user name.
  • If they gave you a Email address. GOOGLE it!
  • Good deal, almost too good.
  • Shipping cost seems inaccurate.

Some keys to protecting your self.
  • Do not send via "friends and family" to someone you have not met or dont have trust in.
  • Pay with a credit card. Scammers dont take CC's. So you will have to pay via a CC funding source.
  • NEVER use your debit card, money card, cash card, E-check for untrusted sources.
  • If you send via Cashapp / Venmo / Facebook Pay, do so in a way it pulls funds off said credit card.

HOW TO CATCH A SCAMMER!
  • As trick questions. Ex. "Is this the Honda bolt pattern of 4-156". "I have a Pioneer 1500, does this fit?". "is it the XL or Standard version"
  • Ask LOTS of questions.
  • Ask for specific pictures. BUT also know pictures don't mean it is in hand.
  • Use a link tracker like Grabify IP Logger & URL Shortener to get some basic info on the user.
  • If it is a big item, ask them to cover shipping.
  • Ask for better deal on more. Ask for more than a normal person may have. Ex. (front wheel)... Do you have 3 of them?

We (HondaSxS.com) only have a few tools to root out spammer's. However they are not to be relied on.

All in all, you can still get scammed but if you follow these tips you will be less likely to do so.

Be safe.
Thanks.
@Hondasxs

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you run into a scammer. Post their info here so I can check on them.
If they give you a email, post the email here in TEXT so it will show in google for others searching.
Anything after the original post in a thread won't show up for non-members. I am not sure when that changed, If I logout and try to read anything after the original post, it will show me who posted. But will not show the content of the post.

So it may or may not be searchable in the future?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anything after the original post in a thread won't show up for non-members. I am not sure when that changed, If I logout and try to read anything after the original post, it will show me who posted. But will not show the content of the post.

View attachment 329592

So it may or may not be searchable in the future?
I'll have to experiment with it.
Ya. That is correct. But only becasue you have hit the site (x) number of times.
I do believe google has access via special user group for their spider.
And a true new user, would have access up unit the hit limits.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

BE WEARLY OF SCAMMERS!!!

Lately, both here and on social media sites there seems to be a plethora of scammers.
If you are not wary, you can set scammed fairly easy and will be SOL on your money.

DO NOT let a "GOOD DEAL" blind you.
Do not let a "good deal" blind you. You will fell hurried to "secure the deal" and quick to make payment before John Doe #2 beats you to it. This is just the nature of it. But do not let this blind you from the RED FLAGS that are usually everywhere.

RED FLAGS of a scammer.
  • #1 they emailed/messaged you vs posting.
  • New account
  • No post or few post.
  • Review post to make sure they are actually relevant.
  • Restricted profile.
  • Odd user name.
  • If they gave you a Email address. GOOGLE it!
  • Good deal, almost too good.
  • Shipping cost seems inaccurate.

Some keys to protecting your self.
  • Do not send via "friends and family" to someone you have not met or dont have trust in.
  • Pay with a credit card. Scammers dont take CC's. So you will have to pay via a CC funding source.
  • NEVER use your debit card, money card, cash card, E-check for untrusted sources.
  • If you send via Cashapp / Venmo / Facebook Pay, do so in a way it pulls funds off said credit card.

HOW TO CATCH A SCAMMER!
  • As trick questions. Ex. "Is this the Honda bolt pattern of 4-156". "I have a Pioneer 1500, does this fit?". "is it the XL or Standard version"
  • Ask LOTS of questions.
  • Ask for specific pictures. BUT also know pictures don't mean it is in hand.
  • Use a link tracker like Grabify IP Logger & URL Shortener to get some basic info on the user.
  • If it is a big item, ask them to cover shipping.
  • Ask for better deal on more. Ask for more than a normal person may have. Ex. (front wheel)... Do you have 3 of them?

We (HondaSxS.com) only have a few tools to root out spammer's. However they are not to be relied on.

All in all, you can still get scammed but if you follow these tips you will be less likely to do so.

Be safe.
Thanks.
@Hondasxs
As the official spokesperson for John Doe #2 I assure you he will not hurriedly be buying from scammers, so take your time getting ripped off.

On a serious note, this past 10 days has also seen a big spike in spammers, all flagged by auto administration for review. I have one click banned and clean several new flagged accounts, the majority hawking bitcoin miners, etc.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Seems like there is a sucker every day on FB.
I mean how many red flags do you need.
Several just from this picture alone.

View attachment 340661

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Lol saw that in no less than 5 offroad groups I'm in. "Anybody bought from this guy, good deals!" lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!