P1000 Beadlock new owners warning.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up a set of wheels and tires from Rocky Mountain ATV.
They claim to mount them. So I get them in and check the tire pressure and they have 13-15psi so I'm like sweet they set the bead they are ready to go.

Warning Do not trust it go ahead let the tire pressure out and re-torque.

My stupid self seen a gap between the wheel and the ring but I was like maybe its hitting something I just can't see I mean why would they put 13-15psi in a tire thats not bolted all the way down.

So I had road it may 4-5miles and was at the house and seen one of the bolts was louse so I said I'll go ahead and re-torque them. When they pulled in a 1/4in I was like that could have went bad quick.

Also it says to torque to 20lb me I set mine at 25lb and broke the first bolt so stay at the 20lb.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most manufacturers of beadlocks say to retorque the bolts within 100 miles. I always inspect mine when I wash the machine but haven't retorqued them since the 100 mile check

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
They claim to mount them. So I get them in and check the tire pressure and they have 13-15psi so I'm like sweet they set the bead they are ready to go.

My stupid self seen a gap between the wheel and the ring but I was like maybe its hitting something I just can't see I mean why would they put 13-15psi in a tire thats not bolted all the way down.

So I had road it may 4-5miles and was at the house and seen one of the bolts was louse so I said I'll go ahead and re-torque them. When they pulled in a 1/4in I was like that could have went bad quick.

Also it says to torque to 20lb me I set mine at 25lb and broke the first bolt so stay at the 20lb.
Whatever impact they are using at RMATV on the beadlocks is set pretty light. I checked mine after I installed them on the machine and every one was consistently a couple turns loose. I torqued them all down to 20 and have not had any issue after initial install.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whatever impact they are using at RMATV on the beadlocks is set pretty light. I checked mine after I installed them on the machine and every one was consistently a couple turns loose. I torqued them all down to 20 and have not had any issue after initial install.
You’re running bolts into aluminum, my Beadlocks did the same thing. They don’t require much torque.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@ToddACimer is right. They typically need torqued again around 100 miles. Mine didn’t make it 100 miles before I had the same thing happen. Keep in mind that there is a pattern for tightening the Beadlock ring. On mine, you torque them and 10lbs and then follow the same pattern at 20lbs.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You’re running bolts into aluminum, my Beadlocks did the same thing. They don’t require much torque.
This is true, what I was saying is that they purposely aren't running them all the way in at RMATV. Just using a light torque setting to get the bead set then out the door they go.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive had my beadlocks for almost 3 years now...never checked torque since i put the new tires on 2 years ago

Reactions: Ohio4x4
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I also put mine together over a year and 2k miles no issues yet. I used permitex ultra black to glue my beads and over torqued the bolts when I put them together.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!