P1000 Beadlock wheels? Yes or no? ..

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
I broke down and put some on mine last year. I got a good deal on eBay on what a dealer described as used double beadlocks. They're was a scratch on two of the wheels. It got to where I was blowing a tire off every time I went riding with my stock wheels so to me it was well worth the money. And yes if I couldn't find used ones I would definitely recommend spending the extra money on them

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You get into some ruts and get that sidewall all out of shape, it's gonna come off the rim. So yeah they're worth it. Shop around cause beadlocks aren't all that expensive. I scored some HD9s for little over 100 bucks a rim. Can't remember where exactly but I think it was from KJ Motorsports.

Reactions: sharp and mjn
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Def worth it 150 miles on rocky, rutted, and tight, tree lined trails later the bead locks have scrapes, dents, and scratches, but the tires have no damage or even surface scratches.

Check out KJ and look at the HD wheels you can get s set of them for $100 each.

Reactions: sharp
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Def worth it 150 miles on rocky, rutted, and tight, tree lined trails later the bead locks have scrapes, dents, and scratches, but the tires have no damage or even surface scratches.

I bought my STI wheels with Regulator tires on them from KJ. Good people to do business with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered Raceline Ryno's yesterday. Looking forward to having the same wheel and tire on all 4 corners and a durable wheel

Reactions: sharp and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered Raceline Ryno's yesterday. Looking forward to having the same wheel and tire on all 4 corners and a durable wheel
It's nice being able to rotate them. Pretty important for street legal rigs like mine. Really helps with tire wear.

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've pretty much decided I'm going to go with Tensor Regulators for my next tire, but haven't decided on the wheel yet..

Are the beadlocks that much better? Like 300 bucks better?

Why?

Another thing is, if you get ready to sell it, you can buy the rings and the wheels look brand new.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Beadlocks make it easier to patch or plug/patch a tire also. You dont have to break the bead, just unbolt the ring to get to the inside of the tire.
How are your tires holding up, the ones you had at the Take Over? Really never thought about flat repair. But your right, now I have to get a bald grinder wheel for my Dremel and take them and patches with me! I've been, fortunate lately, no flats since I got the Black Waters, they have very stiff side walls. I have busted 8 PLY EFX's running 15 PSI.

Reactions: Ragnar406
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
How are your tires holding up, the ones you had at the Take Over? Really never thought about flat repair. But your right, now I have to get a bald grinder wheel for my Dremel and take them and patches with me! I've been, fortunate lately, no flats since I got the Black Waters, they have very stiff side walls. I have busted 8 PLY EFX's running 15 PSI.
Doing good. Did get my first gash in the sidewall yesterday. Dont think its leaking but will have to watch.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Has anyone tried the Tusk Teton beadlocks? I think a set of those in smoke would look pretty dam good on my LE.
I’ll be trying the Nebo soon... had been deciding between the Wasatch, Teton, and Nebo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plumber32
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ll be trying to Nebo soon... had been deciding between the Wasatch, Teton, and Nebo.
I did the nebo 14x7 5+2 they're great

20190403 170830

J

JTW

Has anyone tried the Tusk Teton beadlocks? I think a set of those in smoke would look pretty dam good on my LE.
Can’t speak to that wheel.. but I like the beadlocks... go with a 12” wheel if you go with 28’s! The added sidewall will make your LE ride even better!!

Reactions: Smitty335
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can’t speak to that wheel.. but I like the beadlocks... go with a 12” wheel if you go with 28’s! The added sidewall will make your LE ride even better!!

I'm sure you are right... but the way I drive, I think it'd be more prudent not to add any more slop.:D

It's the same reason I don't unhook the sway bar.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!