P700 Bed side rails

mnmgri4

mnmgri4

Apr 27, 2019
Green Bay
Ownership

1. 700-2
Would like to add rails to the top of the sides of the box on a 700-2. Has anyone done this? I have seen some aftermarket rails for other brands of machines but not sure if bolting them on to the tops of the sides will work. Are the sides just plastic or is there material inside to re-enforce them and bolt too?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Alan_Vander
mnmgri4

mnmgri4

Apr 27, 2019
Green Bay
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks, I was thinking of drilling holes through the top of the side panel and anchoring the rails with a bolt and spring loaded anchor nut. Not looking to use them for tie down purposes necessarily but thinking of putting Kolpin Rhino grips on them for holding bows and rifles for hunting.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks, I was thinking of drilling holes through the top of the side panel and anchoring the rails with a bolt and spring loaded anchor nut. Not looking to use them for tie down purposes necessarily but thinking of putting Kolpin Rhino grips on them for holding bows and rifles for hunting.
are you talking about those set ups that go rail to rail that you can accessorize?.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

mnmgri4

mnmgri4

Apr 27, 2019
Green Bay
Ownership

1. 700-2
No, an individual rail for each side, may have to fabricate something.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
No, an individual rail for each side, may have to fabricate something.
not sure how good that would work with a gun sitting 6 inches up from the rail. for side to side motion that is. plastic is pretty sturdy but most other bikes like ranger have metal frame under the top for mounting stuff. depending in how the koplins mount might work better just using those straight to the bed

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
now if you mounted the rails then made a clamp rail that went to both sides that would sturdy it up a good bit

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
must be super thick, thousand lb limit and a lot of people use it for wood, wet maple I hauled like a dozen loads of big stumps, hard its just plastic.
it never deflected with like ten times the weight of a gun I think if you spread the load like he said it will be fine

mnmgri4

mnmgri4

Apr 27, 2019
Green Bay
Ownership

1. 700-2
must be super thick, thousand lb limit and a lot of people use it for wood, wet maple I hauled like a dozen loads of big stumps, hard its just plastic.
it never deflected with like ten times the weight of a gun I think if you spread the load like he said it will be fine
The floor of the bed has a 1000lb limit but we are talking about putting the weight of the gun or bow on the top of the sides of the bed.

advertisement
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
too bad the 700s dont have the panels like the 1000s do or you could put flat metal underneath the plastic to stabilize it more

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
when I do wood the stumps are probably 75lb each and I fill it over the top, going through mile of ruts and ditch they are not tied down, banging around in there the hole way up. it seemed fine, don't take it easy on my machines.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Might consider rails hanging from the top rather than bolting from the plastic on the bottom.
I think you could find some quick clamps and fab from there and that would give you options later if you wanted to remove them at times.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!