LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow, way more than commanders?
Yes IF you can find commander shocks. Also the rears aren't direct bolt on. I'd say the Fox shocks are better quality but I haven't ridden in a Pioneer with Commanders. They are definitely the cheaper route if you can find any.

Reactions: Tflynn
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Has anyone had any experience with just swapping the front for the Elkas? Or just the front in general? If you just do the front I'm guessing maybe the rears become overwhelmed?

Right now that's how my stock fronts are honestly.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone had any experience with just swapping the front for the Elkas? Or just the front in general? If you just do the front I'm guessing maybe the rears become overwhelmed?

Right now that's how my stock fronts are honestly.
I installed Can-Am (not Elka but...) shocks on the front, then had to wait for bushings to do the rears. Just the fronts made a big difference. I'm not saying all you need to do is the front, but that experience kinda answers your question.

Reactions: QuadMan747
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Thank you for the reply. 1200 for shocks isn't a drop in the bucket, Maybe I'll try the Elka fronts if I can find them for 450-500.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes IF you can find commander shocks. Also the rears aren't direct bolt on. I'd say the Fox shocks are better quality but I haven't ridden in a Pioneer with Commanders. They are definitely the cheaper route if you can find any.
The ride is bothering me and the rattles between the split windshield and I think the dump bed really suck. Mama calls the 700 a rattletrap. Don't throw tomatoes but she likes the ride of our 8 year old Ranger better. But 4-6 hundred dollars per pair for shocks? You do that and ps and you've got a 13K machine!!!!

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I'm OK with the dumpbed. I'm not hauling dirt just hay, brush, tools and kids so it works out for me. It does rattle like a son of a gun. I was hoping Front shocks would be enough to alleviate most of it.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
The ride is bothering me and the rattles between the split windshield and I think the dump bed really suck. Mama calls the 700 a rattletrap. Don't throw tomatoes but she likes the ride of our 8 year old Ranger better. But 4-6 hundred dollars per pair for shocks? You do that and ps and you've got a 13K machine!!!!
Hmmm. Mine doesn't rattle and really never has that I've noticed. Maybe it's because I have tunes on most of the time. I agree the extra cost sucks but you either have to live with it or add the items for comfort. I haven't added PS yet but I plan to in the near future.

What do you not like about the bed?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hmmm. Mine doesn't rattle and really never has that I've noticed. Maybe it's because I have tunes on most of the time. I agree the extra cost sucks but you either have to live with it or add the items for comfort. I haven't added PS yet but I plan to in the near future.

What do you not like about the bed?
I don't know honestly as I haven't inspected it yet. I just hear that rattling back there and look back when I'm driving trying to figure out where exactly the rattlings coming from. And of course I know the front rattles are in that split windshield vibrating against itself. Oh and the dysfunctional location of cup holders, that. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm OK with the dumpbed. I'm not hauling dirt just hay, brush, tools and kids so it works out for me. It does rattle like a son of a gun. I was hoping Front shocks would be enough to alleviate most of it.
Well, it's not about what I'm hauling. I'm riding around with nothing in it and it rattles. I'm going to be taking a look at it this weekend. Maybe I can install some rubber padding where it rests on the frame or something.

Reactions: LandPioneer
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Well, it's not about what I'm hauling. I'm riding around with nothing in it and it rattles. I'm going to be taking a look at it this weekend. Maybe I can install some rubber padding where it rests on the frame or something.
Maybe you need a radio or headphones ;)

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Haha no s*** right. Really though, I'm trying to avoid any mods to this one.
I'm sure you'll find a culprit. I have never noticed my bed rattling at all. Mine is a 700-4 so maybe there is a difference?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Main sources of rattles are door latches and dump bed latches. Usually guys wrap tape or heater hose on the latches or in some cases they can be adjusted to cure the rattle. There are some threads on this issue.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm sure you'll find a culprit. I have never noticed my bed rattling at all. Mine is a 700-4 so maybe there is a difference?
Thanks LP, I'm hopeful of that as well. for the windshield I'm going to put a small diameter pipe insulation on it and see if that works. I may go to the buy, sell and trade forum and see if somebody wants to trade me for a solid windshield. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Main sources of rattles are door latches and dump bed latches. Usually guys wrap tape or heater hose on the latches or in some cases they can be adjusted to cure the rattle. There are some threads on this issue.
Thanks for that T, I'll check the bed latches first, though it seems like the noise is coming from beneath the bed.

Reactions: Tflynn
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've been hunting through out the desert around our house. I heard a very distinct rattle coming from the rear and thought something may have broke or was out of place. We found it was actually the dump bed loosing up a little bit. A quick slam shut and it would take care of it for a little while. After about a day we would have to do it again. Not to big of a deal and was happy something wasn't broke.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I was actually looking for Commander shocks. I didn't have any luck and stumbled on a for sale post by @Springer. He gave me a great deal and they are direct bolt on. It literally took me less than 1hr to put them all on myself. In all honesty based off the results they are worth full price. The ride really is that much different. It went from a decent riding machine with a little tippyness to a much more stable ride and no bottoming out. I use mine for 90% trail riding so I desperately needed more control. Especially since we lean more toward technical trails.
Glad they found a good home. I really liked the way they improved the handling on the 700.

M

Markis02

May 31, 2016
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm looking for a set of shocks. Still haven't found any....

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!