P1000m3 Bel Ray ATV 4T trail oil

D

Dasmoeturhead

Does anybody use this Bel-Ray Atv 4t trail oil 10-40? My 20 hour service is coming up, and I went to the local Honda motor sports dealer, and this is what they have and use. They didn't even sell Honda oils. I bought the filters and o-rings (Honda)also. I know Honda doesn't make oil, but I haven't read anywhere in this forum of anybody using this oil. Thoughts?

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
I also I'm doing my first service this weekend. A little over the 100 miles and hours. Went today the the Honda dealer to pick up filters and oil. Parts guy sold me GN4 10W-40 instead of the GN4 10W-30. Says it's because of the warmer temps here. Sneaked back to the service guys and asked them. They said they put that weight in all the bikes they service. But they were very adamant about using the Honda oils only. I got my receipt with my name on it in case it needs warranty work later. A little more money now to keep from worrying about them later.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I also I'm doing my first service this weekend. A little over the 100 miles and hours. Went today the the Honda dealer to pick up filters and oil. Parts guy sold me GN4 10W-40 instead of the GN4 10W-30. Says it's because of the warmer temps here. Sneaked back to the service guys and asked them. They said they put that weight in all the bikes they service. But they were very adamant about using the Honda oils only. I got my receipt with my name on it in case it needs warranty work later. A little more money now to keep from worrying about them later.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Thanks for the info. I have done the research, and the Bell Ray oil is good oil, and lots of people use it. Heck ,even the Honda dealership uses it. im also OK with the 10-40 weight. The Bel Ray oil is more expensive than the Honda oil however.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Thanks for the info. I have done the research, and the Bell Ray oil is good oil, and lots of people use it. Heck ,even the Honda dealership uses it. im also OK with the 10-40 weight. The Bel Ray oil is more expensive than the Honda oil however.
Did the 1st service yesterday. I did the engine plus both filters and also the dub Trans oil since I had all the oil change stuff out. I used the bel ray 10-40, and I'm so glad I used this weight. The engine is noticeably quieter (rotating mechanical noise), and the Trans is silky smooth. The Honda dealer said I would be impressed, and I totally am.

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Im curious also. I would like to switch to a synthetic oil ( like valvoline) but they only seem to offer sythetic 4 stroke oil in 10w-40. Can i run this? I studied on the jaso t, ma2, non conserving blah blah blah and my hair started to catch on fire.

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Also i went to Amsoils website, typed in 2016 Honda pioneer 5 dlx and it said no recommendations found. Makes me wonder if I should just stick with the non sythetic gn4

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Also i went to Amsoils website, typed in 2016 Honda pioneer 5 dlx and it said no recommendations found. Makes me wonder if I should just stick with the non sythetic gn4

Use Honda synthetic oil. It's called HP4S

Reactions: Tflynn
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks I never even thought of Honda having a synthetic as i was trying to get away from buying they're oil

I try to stay oem and they offer it so why not. I've been using it with out complaints.

advertisement
brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
I try to stay oem and they offer it so why not. I've been using it with out complaints.
Oem oil in my experience tends to be higher priced however the valvoline isnt cheap either. I agree they make so why not use it. thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!