P1000 Bent the bar between the wheels

Scotw

Scotw

Jun 8, 2021
Dandridge, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Guy's,

I bent the cross bar between the Passenger front & rear wheels (Rock Bar?) Going over a very rocky section of trials, Does anyone know where I can buy a new one or buy the whole section that goes under there?
20211121 082337

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just the factory skid plate right now... After this is fixed an aftermarket skid plate will be added... Just need to know part number or something so I can get this replaced...
Thats what i meant buy the
“G-String” thats the factory skid plate if u want to call it one! This is the reason we say one of the very first things you do is put a full skid plate on and ditch the G-String Or $$$$$

Unfortunately i dont think there is a replacement for that besides the whole undercarriage. Ive never seen it But it dosnt mean there isnt. Id try partszilla And see if you can find it. might just be better off fabing it to fix it. Good luck with fix.

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I came down off a big rock with the left front tire, as slow and easy as I could. Gravity took over and BANG, put a good size dent in that bar right behind the front wheel.
Went to Honda dealer and parts guy showed me parts diagram. That bar is a sub frame that supports the outboard part of the cab.
the main frame is unaffected. We both decided that for the price and installation of a new one to just let it be. I will fill the dent with J B Weld. That will add strength and can form it to the original shape, then paint it.

Frame dent

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I came down off a big rock with the left front tire, as slow and easy as I could. Gravity took over and BANG, put a good size dent in that bar right behind the front wheel.
Went to Honda dealer and parts guy showed me parts diagram. That bar is a sub frame that supports the outboard part of the cab.
the main frame is unaffected. We both decided that for the price and installation of a new one to just let it be. I will fill the dent with J B Weld. That will add strength and can form it to the original shape, then paint it.

View attachment 305550
I wish mine still looked that good.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi Guy's,

I bent the cross bar between the Passenger front & rear wheels (Rock Bar?) Going over a very rocky section of trials, Does anyone know where I can buy a new one or buy the whole section that goes under there?View attachment 305477
That part is a section that contains the fuel tank mount etc. Last I checked it was close to a $600 part while drivers side is about $300.

This is why $950 full UHMW skid plates are worth every penny.

Real carnage here and $20 fix.

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like others have said, a good skid plate is well worth the price. I mentioned this in other threads but theres a member on this site (@CTDpower) with a template you can download to make your own skid plate, if you're somewhat handy and have the tools. If you search diy skid plate it should come up.

Reactions: Lady01