Best hardtop roof to get for 700-4?

HappyHonda

HappyHonda

May 12, 2015
I've been looking around at different hard and soft top roofs for my Pioneer 700-4. I think I'm convinced that hard is the way to go (which is what I was leaning towards from the beginning) but I'm just wondering what everyones experiences have been with different roofs. Just looking for some input, insight, and opinions!

Thanks

Happy

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've got the Honda hard roof and I've already scraped it several times with out damaging it. I know if it was the soft top, it would have ripped. From my experiences, the hard top works better if you think you'll get close to trees and branches.

Joe

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I can only vote for the Honda roof also, the only draw back to it that I can see is the increased height you'll gain, without the roof my pioneer will fit in the garage, with it, not so much.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I also have the honda roof. During the spring and fall I usually leave it off just because the sun feels good during that time of year. Takes less than 5 minutes to go on or off. My only complaints are that it does squeak and rattle a little and it adds a little height to the machine. I would recommend looking into the aluminum roof from EMP. I'm not sure if they make one for the P-4 or not. My guess is the aluminum roof would be lower profile and less prone to squeaking but I could be wrong. Lastly, I cannot think of why the soft roof would be better than any hard roof, only why it would be worse!

Reactions: HappyHonda
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 605
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 638
HappyHonda

HappyHonda

May 12, 2015
I think I was a little unclear in my post when I said "I'm just wondering what everyones experiences have been with different roofs" , I should've said "I'm just wondering what everyones experiences have been with different hardtop brands". I'm 100% getting a hardtop, just still deciding on which to get, I'm even contemplating making my own to save a few bucks. Thanks everyone!

Happy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!