P700 Pioneer 700-2 Windshield & Roof

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Picking up my 2024 Pioneer 700-2 Dlx tomorrow and intend to install aftermarket roof & windshield. Looking at the Kolpin 27125 Poly Roof and the SuperATV Full Windshield or Flip Down, Will the Flip Down function without modification with the Kolpin Roof? Also, other recommendations? Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First off Welcome to the club from Radical Left run Michigan.

Second, when u get your rig weather its naked or not, start a intro thread ASAP and post some pics “POIDH” of your rig. Its Rule#4

As for your roof, get the OEM Honda roof from your stealership. There great durable well worth the cabbage roof. A majority here get them. And for the windshield, get the SATV flip up windshield. You wont regret it and yes it works with most roofs especially the OEM

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
First off Welcome to the club from Radical Left run Michigan.

Second, when u get your rig weather its naked or not, start a intro thread ASAP and post some pics “POIDH” of your rig. Its Rule#4

As for your roof, get the OEM Honda roof from your stealership. There great durable well worth the cabbage roof. A majority here get them. And for the windshield, get the SATV flip up windshield. You wont regret it and yes it works with most roofs especially the OEM
Thank you. Will do with the pics. Is there a discounted on-line source for OEM Honda parts that folks use? I see hondasportspartswarehouse.com and they list the OEM roof as # 0SR85-HL3-101 for $429.95 MSRP (no discount) and the shipping is $425 so that is a no go. Will check with the dealership. Also, I plan on doing my own work and found the Honda Service Manual #61HL308 on the Helms website for $50. Is that the best resource?

Reactions: WagginTail
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you. Will do with the pics. Is there a discounted on-line source for OEM Honda parts that folks use? I see hondasportspartswarehouse.com and they list the OEM roof as # 0SR85-HL3-101 for $429.95 MSRP (no discount) and the shipping is $425 so that is a no go. Will check with the dealership. Also, I plan on doing my own work and found the Honda Service Manual #61HL308 on the Helms website for $50. Is that the best resource?
Shipping on a roof is going to be expensive. Not quite that expensive though.

The usual online spots posted when someone asks…
Ronayers
Babbitts
Rocky Mountain ATV

Reactions: Remington
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You generally get 15% off all accessories from the dealer that you purchase from. They don't need to install them to get the discount either. If they don't honor that then they suck.

Reactions: Remington
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What @Remington said on the roof and windshield. About the service manual, I believe if you upgrade your membership on this site you can have access to the manual

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That’s a little ridiculous on the shipping of that roof I would call call around to other stealerships what they would charge to get it for you. But you should get a discount like. @trigger said. Also, you can access the free service manual from our forum here if you upgrade your membership like @Robobrainiac said

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s a little ridiculous on the shipping of that roof I would call call around to other stealerships what they would charge to get it for you. But you should get a discount like. @trigger said. Also, you can access the free service manual from our forum here if you upgrade your membership like @Robobrainiac said
Thanks for keeping me on your mind :p

However

@WagginTail is to blame for the account upgrade recommendation :p

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for keeping me on your mind :p

However

@WagginTail is to blame for the account upgrade recommendation :p
Hahaha sorry I fuc’d up there for some reason

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
You generally get 15% off all accessories from the dealer that you purchase from. They don't need to install them to get the discount either. If they don't honor that then they suck.
The Dealership sales guy said 10% if I bought it with the unit and they install for free. I am really thinking aftermarket. On the surface, I like the Koplin Poly roof #27125 ($290) and the SuperATV Flip Up #FWS-H-PIO700-002-70 ($450) delivered. Advice? Trying to manage the money but do not want to buy junk.

Reactions: SuperATV
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So what is better?
OEM
Its like a sore peter, u cant beat it!
For its durability and the way it fastens. There just beasts. Should come as std equipment like on the Talon

Reactions: Kinlaw and Buckaroo
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The Dealership sales guy said 10% if I bought it with the unit and they install for free. I am really thinking aftermarket. On the surface, I like the Koplin Poly roof #27125 ($290) and the SuperATV Flip Up #FWS-H-PIO700-002-70 ($450) delivered. Advice? Trying to manage the money but do not want to buy junk.
I have no experience with the Kolpin but the oem roof is virtually indestructible. The SATV flip up is a solid choice.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Pioneer 1000-5. I have the OE roof and SuperATV flip-up windshield. The roof is awesome and has handled any and all bashing. My rig stays outside always. In the sun, rain, and snow. The roof still looks like it should. The rest of my buggy has peeled panels and faded plastics/fabrics. The roof still looks great. I have not had any issue with my SuperATV flip-up windshield. It gets bashed with the rest of the machine and still functions today.

Personally I would get the OE roof again without regret.

Personally I would choose a flip-up glass windshield if I redid my decision. Soley based on the fact that I often ride in rain and would appreciate wipers. With that said; I would not replace my SuperATV windshield on a whim. I am happy enough with it and use a hand squeegee (even tho you are not supposed to) that I would not choose to replace it until it totally fails.

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
OK - I got the price from the dealership for the OEM hard roof ($386.95 - 10% off MSRP) and the OEM Hard Coat Flip Up Windshield ($404.95 - 41.6% off MSRP) plus sales tax, my install which is fine by me. That is about $50 more than the Amazon price for the Kolpin Poly Roof #27125 ($289.89) and the SuperATV Scratch Resistant Flip Up ($449.95). So for $50. I will do the OEM. Pls advise if I am missing something. Going to confirm the part numbers with the dealership and do the deal.

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
From experience OEM roof and super ATV flip was a great combo on my old 700

Reactions: Buckaroo
Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
From experience OEM roof and super ATV flip was a great combo on my old 700
Good to know. The SuperATV would be approx +$45 vs OEM. You think that is worth it? For that difference, I would just want the best quality windshield if there was any difference.

Reactions: Backwoods
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to know. The SuperATV would be approx +$45 vs OEM. You think that is worth it? For that difference, I would just want the best quality windshield if there was any difference.
I have never compared the OE vs SuperATV side by side.

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I did buy the OEM Honda P2 Roof from the Dealership and they gave me 10% off - picked that up today. I also bought the SuperATV Flip Up Windshield today from the SuperATV web site - they have a 15% after Christmas thing today. Should get it delivered tomorrow. Also bought the Superwinch Terra 4500SR with the synthetic rope (after Christmas 15% off on their site) and a KFI winch mount - not sure when those will be delivered. Will install all that. take some pics and post them up when completed. Total w/ tax $1260 which I think was good but I am done....out of money.....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!