P700 Pre ran accessory 2024 700-2

JSKR8

JSKR8

Dec 27, 2023
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-2
I purchased a 700-2 a few months ago and I’m starting to add some accessories. I started running some winch cables and notice pre ran cables with what looks like dummy connectors. Does any one know what these cables are for? Thanks for any help.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome.
Can you post some pics?
I thought the 2024 had pre-ran winch wires already (large gauge).
There is a key-on power connector.
and if you dont have power steering, there is those un-used connectors you may see.

Post a bunch of pictures, we want to see.

JSKR8

JSKR8

Dec 27, 2023
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-2
thanks for the response Hondasxs, I found the other end of the large gauge cable in the battery box. Here are some pics of the connectors I can’t figure out.
The first pic connector is keyed powered, not sure what else is hooked to it but it is fused at 15amp acc., from what I’ve read. Haven’t tested it yet. The others are probably what you mentioned, for the power steering. Not sure.
IMG 6694
IMG 6695
IMG 6696

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The first picture is the connector I posted above the GPS; it is key-ed hot.

Second picture. LEFT / CENTER / RIGHT .... The center one is a key-ed hot ACC for the fuse box (link below)
Left and Right.. I'm not sure. But you won't be using them. They have no real use outside of the additional switches and power settering the Deluxe model comes with. Its not worth adding those switches.

3rd pictures are joint blocks, They are not to be use for anything. dont mess with those.

There is also another to add high beams. This may be one of the ones you posted. But no one really installs that, as light bars are better anyways.

Reactions: trigger
JSKR8

JSKR8

Dec 27, 2023
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you! I really appreciate it. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as I add stuff.

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am also installing a winch (Superwinch Terra 4500SR) in my 2024 700-2 Deluxe. Have not yet found the pre-installed large gauge power lines for the winch going back to the battery compartment. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
JSKR8

JSKR8

Dec 27, 2023
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-2
Buckaroo, See pics above. I found a big gauge cable with blue tape on the end of it under the hood in the middle back. It was ran through some black tubing with some other cables back to the battery box. At the battery box it also had blue tape on it. Hope that helps.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Buckaroo, See pics above. I found a big gauge cable with blue tape on the end of it under the hood in the middle back. It was ran through some black tubing with some other cables back to the battery box. At the battery box it also had blue tape on it. Hope that helps.
Red or Black wire?

I have reason to think its black...
No clue why Honda is mix matching colors.

JSKR8

JSKR8

Dec 27, 2023
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-2
I only found the black cable with blue tape on it. When I removed the tape it had connectors on both ends. I used it on the negative terminal.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I only found the black cable with blue tape on it. When I removed the tape it had connectors on both ends. I used it on the negative terminal.
For some reason, I think it's provided by Honda as a positive.
It's just a color; makes no difference, really.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Confirmed it...
Honda uses this black wire with blue tape as the postive. And grounds to the ground lug at the passanger wheel well.
Why the F did they make it black. IDK. lol.

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did find the heavy gauge wire (it is black) with the blue tape on the end of it under the hood. Is it taped up to the wiring harness with blue tape (pic 1). Is it already connected back in the battery compartment (i.e. hot)? I see just a little bit of blue tape peeking out from under the connectors in the battery box (pic2) but would have to disconnect them and pull out the wiring harness to see it is free wire (i.e. not terminated). Is this looking familiar to you?

700   Wire with Blue Tape Under Hood 700   Blue Taped Wire Under Connectors in Battery Box 700   Battery Box

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I did find the heavy gauge wire (it is black) with the blue tape on the end of it under the hood. Is it taped up to the wiring harness with blue tape (pic 1). Is it already connected back in the battery compartment (i.e. hot)? I see just a little bit of blue tape peeking out from under the connectors in the battery box (pic21) but would have to disconnect them and pull out the wiring harness to see it is free wire (i.e. not terminated). Is this looking familiar to you?

View attachment 413493 View attachment 413494 View attachment 413495
Its most likley not connected, doesnt look connected anyways. Just hidden under the ECU.
Honda recommends it be connected to the battery side of the starter relay. Pic

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Its most likley not connected, doesnt look connected anyways. Just hidden under the ECU.
Honda recommends it be connected to the battery side of the starter relay. Pic
View attachment 413498
So I am going to untape that end under the hood and see if it is hot. If not, I will disconnect the ECU plugs and dig around under there to see if I can find it. @JSKR8 Is that what you did? Will report back tomorrow....Thx!

Reactions: JSKR8 and Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So I am going to untape that end under the hood and see if it is hot. If not, I will disconnect the ECU plugs and dig around under there to see if I can find it. @JSKR8 Is that what you did? Will report back tomorrow....Thx!
Just lift the ecu up. Too much risk not doing it right to un-plug it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JSKR8
JSKR8

JSKR8

Dec 27, 2023
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-2
I found the black cable with the blue tape under the hood and traced it back to the battery box taped to the ECU wiring with blue tape. I checked the continuity to make sure it was the same cable. I hooked the one side up to the negative on the battery(pic 1) and the other side to the negative side of my solenoid(pic 2) for the winch. Everything worked perfect.
IMG 6784
IMG 6785

Reactions: Buckaroo
Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just lift the ecu up. Too much risk not doing it right to un-plug it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
So I did just lift up the ECU and found the wire w/ blue tape. Checked it for continuity to the end under the hood so all good. Connected it to the circuit breaker which I tucked up under the ECU harnesses then ran a red wire from the circuit breaker to the feed side of the starter relay (Pic 1). Plan on wrapping some tape on the circuit breaker to insulate it.

Am wondering about the best place to mount the contactor under the hood. Have seen some folks mount it to the side of the fuse box (Pic 2) but it seems heavy to mount it on plastic - worried about cracking?. Could mount it to the lateral support bar across the back top (Pic 3) - there are a couple of threaded mounting lugs there but they aren't the right width - would have to fabricate a plate. Sugestions?

Thanks for the help @Hondasxs and @JSKR8. Also, I received the ACC power take off lead and the dash mounted switch today HondaSXS. Thank you for getting it to me so fast!

700   Winch Hot Lead with Circuit Breaker 700   Contactor 1 700   Contactor 2

Reactions: JSKR8
JSKR8

JSKR8

Dec 27, 2023
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had my solenoid mounted using those holes on the support bar you mentioned. It fit fine. I took some 1/4 20 self tappers with washers. I had to move it because none of my winch cables were long enough. I ended up mounting it on the slanted mud wall just under my added fuse block I just installed.

Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Dec 19, 2023
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I tried to mount it in the side of the fuse box but really not enough width. I am working on a mounting plate for the threaded lugs on the high cross-bar. I will have plenty of cable. Will post back when I get that done. Not sure why those lugs are there - would I need them in the future?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!