P1000 Best overhead audio for 1000 under $1000

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like a dumda** I started looking at black friday deals on accessories. Kinda vonsidering an overhead roll bar type mount iverhead audio setup pref with bluetooth. Dont know jack anout this subject. Any ideas reccomendations appreciated. Good to go with 2nd battery and honda fuse panel. Hew 2020 1k-5 Honda factory top windshield Like to keep it under a grand Many thanks in advance

Reactions: Biteme
R

rickoshea

there are dozens of options in the under a grand segment.i swapped my dual bluetooth w king speakers for a boss sound bar.it doesn't sound as good,the bass is a little weak,and i would guess that's the case with most of them, but i got tired of recharging the bluetooth speakers after every ride,and the boss just plugs into the 12v plug.plus you can top mount it or back mount so that solves some clearance issues.

Reactions: JenElio and Biteme
CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Radio

Swampdonkey

G

Gunnut

Aug 31, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Call me extra cheap, but I bought the Boss stereo/speaker combo from Amazon for $110. Painted a 3/4" piece of plywood black and mounted the speakers to it, pointing down. Mounted the plywood to the roll bar front and back in the middle of my 1000. That thing will blast you out of the cab.

J

JTW

So I bought this for the KRX and I’m very pleased. I wanted something with a little more base than the 24” bazooka party bar I have in the pioneer. This does pretty good

J

Jleonard

Dec 5, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with swamp donkey. All in all I'm happy with it. Easy install sound decent for cost. I'm sure you build a nice system yourself for same or less but as far as plug and play it was easy.

Reactions: wrhii and CMB
CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I have mine on Serius/Xm. Cost about $13 a month. Works great.

Reactions: wrhii
advertisement
D

Doogiebailey

Mar 11, 2020
Somerset, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think Kuryakyn is coming out with a new Motocycle/UTV soundbar in March. The bar is 400W BT and detachable so you can take it with you.

I know someone that works there that is suggesting it.

Reactions: Wellzy
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought this for the KRX and I’m very pleased. I wanted something with a little more base than the 24” bazooka party bar I have in the pioneer. This does pretty good

My Cousin has that in his Wolverine. That is a handy unit as you can leave your BT device in the glovebox on a charging cord, and use the built in controls to change song, or adjust volume. I like the same idea, one power wire to the fuses instead of running several wires from a head unit to speakers on the ROPS.

Reactions: JTW