P700 Best tire for pavement and trail riding

B

Bean90

Jul 4, 2016
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ride pavement and dirt trails with some mud. I am looking at the tusk terrabites from Rocky Mountain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can help you make a decision.

The pavement is abusive on tires, especially on a P700 due to its lack of turf mode. If you spend a lot of time on the pavement, I would look into getting a set of light truck tires mounted on 14" or 15" wheels. You could get BFG Mud Terrain for example or any other cheap tire sold at your local dealer.

Another option would be to get a utv specific DOT approved tire. Just do a quick Google search for those.

Another option for you: I'm currently running two sets of tires and wheels. I use the stock tires on pavement and work duty around home and I have a set of more aggressive tires and wheels for off road riding.

Reactions: Eltobgi
F

franticsled

May 8, 2016
NW Ohio
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can help you make a decision.

The pavement is abusive on tires, especially on a P700 due to its lack of turf mode. If you spend a lot of time on the pavement, I would look into getting a set of light truck tires mounted on 14" or 15" wheels. You could get BFG Mud Terrain for example or any other cheap tire sold at your local dealer.

Another option would be to get a utv specific DOT approved tire. Just do a quick Google search for those.

Another option for you: I'm currently running two sets of tires and wheels. I use the stock tires on pavement and work duty around home and I have a set of more aggressive tires and wheels for off road riding.
I ride pavement and dirt trails with some mud. I am looking at the tusk terrabites from Rocky Mountain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I put Kanati Mongrels on my 700-4 and love them, I went with 27x14

Reactions: joeymt33
Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
I've been looking at EFX motohammers. Has anyone here used them? My neighbor has the EFX motogrips and they are doing great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
I was trying to see if anybody here had any real world experience with them. I don't really trust the reviews when I read a lot of bad reviews about the motogrips but a friend has 800 miles and they still look new. The motohammers just look more like a truck tire.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had moto hammers on my 700 ,they rode well but I think they will wear out quicker than light truck tires , I put bfg ko2's on my 1000-5 and love how it handles, I have nearly 900 miles on them and no sign of wear, plus I have about $150 less in the bfg' than I did in the moto hammers.

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
How do you think the hammers would do on shot rock and pavement. There isn't really any dirt on the island i live on. The shot rock is pretty bad on tires mud style tires do not last here. The motogrips do really well here but the hammers caught my eye because they look even more like truck tire. I do not want to go any wider than 9" up front. Thanks for any help.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe it will wear them out pretty quick, they are a softer compound than the light truck tires, the only disadvantage of a truck tires is that they are a little heavier, the bfg' are only 5-6 lbs heavier than the stock big horns on the 1000's.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!