P700 Best Winch for P700-4

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've had good luck with my Champion 4000 on my 700 and use it alot lifting the snow plow in the winter. I think I saw that Costco had the 4700 for $129. The only thing I don't like about it is the big control switch, but I put smaller champion on someones 500 over the 4th and added a contactor and regular in/out switch. Which every way you go, I believe a winch is a must. Last winter I was stuck in a snowdrift on the side of mountain, and sure glad I had it.
That's good to know! I wasn't real concerned with the size of the control because what ever I got I was going to install under the hood. (I have a couple of small children that love pressing buttons) so I wanted it out the way and out of site. Price wasn't bad either. I got this one for 99$ shipped

Reactions: Mopower58
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's good to know! I wasn't real concerned with the size of the control because what ever I got I was going to install under the hood. (I have a couple of small children that love pressing buttons) so I wanted it out the way and out of site. Price wasn't bad either. I got this one for 99$ shipped
Looks like you did pretty well. I got my 4000 from Costco a 3 years ago and has worked everytime I've needed it. I figured with Costco, if it breaks or you don't like it you can take it back. I was in there about May when the local college semester was ending and there was a couple truck loads of furniture that they were returning that they "Hadn't" used for the year. They take anything back.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the 700 two-seater and a 2500lb winch. After reading all these review I think I'm going to be getting a bigger one!
Yeah 2500 is too light. I started with a 2500 and the first time I needed it there was not enough pulling power to move my 700 through the mud. I now have a 4000

J

jer_wag

Dec 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've had good luck with my Champion 4000 on my 700 and use it alot lifting the snow plow in the winter. I think I saw that Costco had the 4700 for $129. The only thing I don't like about it is the big control switch, but I put smaller champion on someones 500 over the 4th and added a contactor and regular in/out switch. Which every way you go, I believe a winch is a must. Last winter I was stuck in a snowdrift on the side of mountain, and sure glad I had it.

J

jer_wag

Dec 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did
Did you purchase a winch mount for your winch? If so, which one?

Reactions: Mopower58
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did

Did you purchase a winch mount for your winch? If so, which one?
I had the KFI winch mount which worked really well and at the time was very reasonably priced. The only down side the this mount is the winch is upside down, but it didn't bother me too much.

Reactions: jer_wag and Mudwing
P

Pioneer500

Jan 12, 2017
Dayton, Nv.
Ownership

1. 500
I'm getting ready to order a winch, which is the best for the 700-4.
I had a warn winch on a Yamaha big bear for over ten years and we received 12 to 15 feet of snow a year. That winch activated a 48 inch warn plow. Not one time did I have a problem with that winch. Go with Warn 👍👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!