BOX1

Better tie-down options?

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
I needed to haul both my Pioneer and Talon in my 24' trailer yesterday. What I came up with worked in a pinch, but this is less than ideal and I need a faster, more efficient and safer tie-down solution.

My trailer currently has only four tie-down mounts. Because I was short on time, I pulled the Talon all the way forward with it's tires contacting the front walls. I ran ratchet straps from the two tie downs in the floor to the rear of the frame of the Talon to pull the Talon into the walls. I connected the rear of the Talon frame to the front of the Pioneer frame, and then the rear of the Pioneer frame to the two tie-downs in the rear of the trailer.

Rear of the Pioneer connected to the rear tie-down points.

Front of the Pioneer connected to the rear of the Talon.

Rear of the Talon connected to the front tie-down points in the trailer.

Video walking rear to front.

I'm aware of the EZ Track system, but before I settle on this, I'm wondering what other options are out there that might serve me better.
Thanks,

Wisco_rider

Wisco_rider

Apr 25, 2020
Hartland,wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
E-track all the way. Im off the trailer and ready to ride before anyone else has their straps off, and strapped and ready to go before everyone else is half way done. Just made a 600mile trip last weekend, machine didnt budge and inch. The guys who came on the trip ordered e-track as soon as they got home.

The e-track allows your suspension to do its job instead of fighting against your tie-downs.

20200516 164337

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you use bungee cords on the hook ends, they will keep the hooks engaged while you travel. 1 bungee per strap and hook the eyes on both ends.

I do this when I have to haul my Honda in my toy hauler.

In my enclosed trailer I use etrack.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Etrack is your never worry fix! Installed it in my toyhauler as well.

H

Hostile1

Apr 8, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
E-track all the way. Im off the trailer and ready to ride before anyone else has their straps off, and strapped and ready to go before everyone else is half way done. Just made a 600mile trip last weekend, machine didnt budge and inch. The guys who came on the trip ordered e-track as soon as they got home.

The e-track allows your suspension to do its job instead of fighting against your tie-downs.

View attachment 205078
Do you leave it in park or neutral?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!