P500 Big Cypress Oasis Trail Showing The Everglades Wet/Dry Seasons

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
The "Dry" scenes were shot on my Saturday(02/25/2017) ride.

These scenes were all shot at the same locations 10 months apart. They show the dramatic difference of the water levels during the wet and dry seasons. The scenes that have water were shot in March of 2016 showing that the water is surprisingly low for this time of year although we have started the dry season now.

90 seconds...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow! Huge difference.

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Wow! Huge difference.

If you've watched any of my other videos and hear me comment, "In the wet season, add 6" to 1' of water" you know I'm being conservative.

When you ride alone out there, you take getting stuck serious! There are mud holes that will stick the biggest buggies, period.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
you did a good job syncing that up.
Always wondered if these areas dried up.

It's so dry out there so early, there won't be much water anywhere by May.

BigCypress73

BigCypress73

Apr 14, 2016
florida
i have a camp about 10 miles east of the oasis trail. Water does change drastically every season. We are headed out this friday.
IMG 5788

Reactions: sharp
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
i have a camp about 10 miles east of the oasis trail. Water does change drastically every season.

That would be the jet port, I used to ride out there quite a bit. Knew a guy that had a camp out there 25 or so years ago.

Spring Turkey season starts right?

Last edited:
BigCypress73

BigCypress73

Apr 14, 2016
florida
Not sure about turkey, but yes we go out of jetport. We have had a camp there for 40 years. I mostly go out there to just have a good time. I hunt mostly out of state. I just started riding the pioneer 1000 out there and this will be my 3rd trip with the pioneer. In putting the fox shocks on before I go. Can't wait to see the difference. Last trip I bottomed out to much with a big load, but I often have a big load. I also just put on the trail armour skids. Hoping all this will help tame those limestone holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Not sure about turkey, but yes we go out of jetport. We have had a camp there for 40 years. I mostly go out there to just have a good time. I hunt mostly out of state. I just started riding the pioneer 1000 out there and this will be my 3rd trip with the pioneer. In putting the fox shocks on before I go. Can't wait to see the difference. Last trip I bottomed out to much with a big load, but I often have a big load. I also just put on the trail armour skids. Hoping all this will help tame those limestone holes.

I haven't hunted in years.

Bet you know the camp I used to go to if you've been there for 40 years, "Diamondback". I won't name the guy on a forum.

BigCypress73

BigCypress73

Apr 14, 2016
florida
I haven't hunted in years.

Bet you know the camp I used to go to if you've been there for 40 years, "Diamondback". I won't name the guy on a forum.

I have heard of diamondback for sure. I'm not sure if I know them or not. Our camp is Ellison camp. If you've been to the L-28 crossover we are the last camp you pass on the way there. Very rustic camp. Nothing fancy, but that's how we like it.

advertisement
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
I have heard of diamondback for sure. I'm not sure if I know them or not. Our camp is Ellison camp. If you've been to the L-28 crossover we are the last camp you pass on the way there. Very rustic camp. Nothing fancy, but that's how we like it.

Camp owner used to own an auto repair shop on 8th and 62nd.

I've never been to the cross-over but I'm betting you're in that cluster of huge hammocks 5 miles NE of the jetport.

I've had some very memorable times out there. We literally rode all night one night leaving at dusk and arriving back at the jetport at dawn. The jetport beacon light was a faint blip over the horizon, full moon IIRC. Wish I had a digital video action camera back then.

Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!