TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I swear i did not see any Flex in the tire a couple times when he hit rocks full force..
Also TCB Offroad has a new video. Its just the guy in the yxz and that krx on 35 inch zillas that made the devils elbow look pretty easy. The 1st rock climb the yxz spanks the krx. The krx dude tried to crawl it but his tires were full of mud. He just gave up. Said he didn't wanna break anything that early in the ride. With the tires packed with mud the yxz had the advantage with better wheel speed but there is no way my old ass would want a yxz. They beat there brains out climbing rocks with them

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You might consider it as such... but many here are using them more and more as a trail machine. Any of them can break.. that’s not the point. Most of the issues I’ve seen in the other machine are due to driver error. It happens.. you try to push a machine too hard and something gives. The point being 7 racks out of our small little riding group have broken pioneer steering racks. The talon rack is very similar. I would expect to see those issues coming. They already have issues now but we won’t get into that. Again... point being, they did a rather piss poor job on the build of these machines to handle any long term abuse. Everything is juuuuust good enough. Nothing is over built or even attempted to be overbuilt. I say this because many of the people here.. including yourself are getting into riding where you’re pushing the machine past the threshold of what they’ll
tolerate. Which isn’t far past stock form or trail difficulty. Hey, I’ve been there and done that. I get it! I’m just informing folks what I’ve experienced and seen first hand. Our group has done more and longer than most others here. Some of the others that do ride hard have totaled machines and didn’t get to see the long term issues. Some have put more hours or miles on but not in nearly as technical of places. @JACKAL said for a long time don’t modify the pioneer, it only leads to issues. That’s very true... but if we had done the same riding in a stock machine they probably wouldn’t have lasted as long as they did. 5 years into the pioneer 1000 and Honda is still pumping out the same machine with the same subpar design flaws and passing them along to the consumer. People should know and understand what they’re buying. If that works for you then great. But people should know before they go down the rabbit hole! I keep getting more and more questions, people asking and folks buying the machine myself and most of our group has because they’re experiencing first hand what I’m saying.
I wouldn't buy a Pioneer thinking I'm gonna ride black trails only. Only a f***ing idiot would do that. When I bought mine I never dreamed I would take it where I have. I think all you guys should be impressed and proud of the trails you have conquered in the pioneers instead of saying they're garbage. I definitely want another machine to ride the extreme stuff more but im keeping my Pioneer until its just a parts machine.

D

DDDonkey

I wouldn't buy a Pioneer thinking I'm gonna ride black trails only. Only a f***ing idiot would do that. When I bought mine I never dreamed I would take it where I have. I think all you guys should be impressed and proud of the trails you have conquered in the pioneers instead of saying they're garbage. I definitely want another machine to ride the extreme stuff more but im keeping my Pioneer until its just a parts machine.

I am in the same boat looking at getting another machine not just for me but for my YouTube channel, but will be keeping the pioneer. I think the pioneer is a great over all machine that does everything well. I just want something with more wheel travel and little more power. I am down to the RMAX and KRX, I like the Talon but can’t get over the I4wd, if others made axles for the talon I would rethink it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am in the same boat looking at getting another machine not just for me but for my YouTube channel, but will be keeping the pioneer. I think the pioneer is a great over all machine that does everything well. I just want something with more wheel travel and little more power. I am down to the RMAX and KRX, I like the Talon but can’t get over the I4wd, if others made axles for the talon I would rethink it.
I'm right there with u on the i4wd. 95% of the time it would be fine but if I'm buying a sport machine, I want it to be 100%.

J

JTW

I don’t disagree.. I never dreamed I’d do what I do. But when folks see the pictures and the places some of us have taken ours. Well, there’s more to it. Nobody is saying the pioneer is a “total” garbage machine... it has its place. But I can assure you when you’ve had multiple overheating issues or broken racks or you run out of power where you REALLY don’t need to run out of power, or you’ve had another a arm tear off because of the single shear tabs. I can go on. Point is there are much better trail machines if you’re wanting a trail machine and you can do it a hell of a lot cheaper and better with alternate routes. My hope is that Honda will recognize the issues being brought up and actually fix them and not pass them onto the consumer! Until everyone stops ignoring the issues and sweeping them under the rug... they won’t ever get fixed!!

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You might consider it as such... but many here are using them more and more as a trail machine. Any of them can break.. that’s not the point. Most of the issues I’ve seen in the other machine are due to driver error. It happens.. you try to push a machine too hard and something gives. The point being 7 racks out of our small little riding group have broken pioneer steering racks. The talon rack is very similar. I would expect to see those issues coming. They already have issues now but we won’t get into that. Again... point being, they did a rather piss poor job on the build of these machines to handle any long term abuse. Everything is juuuuust good enough. Nothing is over built or even attempted to be overbuilt. I say this because many of the people here.. including yourself are getting into riding where you’re pushing the machine past the threshold of what they’ll
tolerate. Which isn’t far past stock form or trail difficulty. Hey, I’ve been there and done that. I get it! I’m just informing folks what I’ve experienced and seen first hand. Our group has done more and longer than most others here. Some of the others that do ride hard have totaled machines and didn’t get to see the long term issues. Some have put more hours or miles on but not in nearly as technical of places. @JACKAL said for a long time don’t modify the pioneer, it only leads to issues. That’s very true... but if we had done the same riding in a stock machine they probably wouldn’t have lasted as long as they did. 5 years into the pioneer 1000 and Honda is still pumping out the same machine with the same subpar design flaws and passing them along to the consumer. People should know and understand what they’re buying. If that works for you then great. But people should know before they go down the rabbit hole! I keep getting more and more questions, people asking and folks buying the machine myself and most of our group has because they’re experiencing first hand what I’m saying.

Ok ya old windbag. Stop turning every thread into a jtw story time for f*** sakes. I went everywhere you did in my stock orange pioneer. Then just to prove you wrong I did it all in an LE. So clearly I pioneer will get around. Longevity... I do get a new machine every other year so there's that. 😁😎

J

JTW

Ok ya old windbag. Stop turning every thread into a jtw story time for f*** sakes. I went everywhere you did in my stock orange pioneer. Then just to prove you wrong I did it all in an LE. So clearly I pioneer will get around. Longevity... I do get a new machine every other year so there's that. 😁😎
Lmao.. yeah, exactly! And as I recall you’re now the proud owner of a what??

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!