P700m2 Blackwater Evo on Hard Pack

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Looking for a review on the ride of these tires on hard pack. I have nothing to compare to but stock. Would I be correct in assuming that they would ride smoother than the stockers on blacktop and hard pack gravel?

I am also at a loss trying to decide between 27inch tire and 14 inch wheel or 26 inch tire and 12 inch wheel. Would there be a significant ride between the two? I've read the bad reviews that some have of the 14 inch wheels.

Will these tires ride any "softer" than the stock tires in either of the above configurations?

Any experienced responses will be greatly appreciated.

I like the Tusk Terrabite but not sure about the 27x12 combo. Anyone have that? Or the Mongrel?

Also would be helpful to see some 27 inch tires mounted on 14 inch wheels and 26 inch tires mounted on 12 in aftermarket wheels as well if you have time to throw a pic on here.

Sorry the post is a little all over the place. Just having a hard time deciding on a wheel tire combo for my 700-2.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yankee
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They are not soft by any stretch of the imagination. They have large lugs and are 8ply tires. They are great for what they are designed and I will buy another set when mine wear out but they are not made for blacktop. They work well in mud and over rocks.. awesome tire.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking for a review on the ride of these tires on hard pack. I have nothing to compare to but stock. Would I be correct in assuming that they would ride smoother than the stockers on blacktop and hard pack gravel?

I am also at a loss trying to decide between 27inch tire and 14 inch wheel or 26 inch tire and 12 inch wheel. Would there be a significant ride between the two? I've read the bad reviews that some have of the 14 inch wheels.

Will these tires ride any "softer" than the stock tires in either of the above configurations?

I like the Tusk Terrabite but not sure about the 27x12 combo. Anyone have that? Or the Mongrel?

Also would be helpful to see some 27 inch tires mounted on 14 inch wheels and 26 inch tires mounted on 12 in aftermarket wheels as well if you have time to throw a pic on here.

Sorry the post is a little all over the place. Just having a hard time deciding on a wheel tire combo for my 700-2.
Thanks

For a good ride, I recommend 12" wheel with the 26" or 27" tires.

Since the P700 is always locked in the rear, an aggressive tire like the EVOs would wear fairly quick on the rear axle.

The Tusk tires may be a good choice.

Also, you may find someone selling P1000 stock 27" tires for a good price. There are many out there that came with 12" wheels.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks

I have the 27 on 14 and enjoy them.. they are 8 ply so not soft but they don't ride rough like your more aggressive mud tires. I have about 1200 on tires a lot of limestone and gravel riding they hold up good and do decent in swamp for what they are.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They are not soft by any stretch of the imagination. They have large lugs and are 8ply tires. They are great for what they are designed and I will buy another set when mine wear out but they are not made for blacktop. They work well in mud and over rocks.. awesome tire.
Are you in your grumpy mode still about the lights and crap? I think simplicity works great! Butt????? I do have some stupid crap on Rooster. I've added some weight, which I'm totally against, battery, LED light, whips I bought a set of Black Water's, first trip out, 10 PSI, rode like a log wagon and didn't grip like my EFX's in the rocks, logs did great. I'm down to 8 PSI now, better, thinking about 7 PSI. The side walls are very stiff on the Black Water's, what's the lowest pressure you run and I have bead locks. I might ride aggressively. Not stupid.

Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
My 28 x 12 evos feel solid at 8 psi but a lot more comfortable and more control than stock.

The evos have a rounded profile so they won't be the best for hadpack but you never hear me complain about my tires on hardpack or gravel.

Reactions: BWAF and Smitty335
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I like my roctanes the ride smooth no shake at any speed and seem to hold up good on black top they don’t got any highway roar either

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like my roctanes the ride smooth no shake at any speed and seem to hold up good on black top they don’t got any highway roar either
I hear a lot of good things about the Roctanes. The EVO's are starting to work at lower PSI, just freaks me out, under 10 PSI. I have busted 3 front tires, two stock and one EFX. Got same size tire on all four corners now. We will see????

Reactions: BWAF
Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee

Thanks

I used to run the evos on a 12" wheel

Thanks

I used to run the 30" evos on a 12" wheel but had to air down to get traction on rocks but got tired of blowing tires off the wheel. They did good in mud and clean out well. Went to roctanes with beadlocks so I could run low air pressure and they seem to do better on rocks and washouts where they r a flatter tire. But like they say opinions r like a$$ho!es everyone has one lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I used to run the 30" evos on a 12" wheel but had to air down to get traction on rocks but got tired of blowing tires off the wheel. They did good in mud and clean out well. Went to roctanes with beadlocks so I could run low air pressure and they seem to do better on rocks and washouts where they r a flatter tire. But like they say opinions r like a$$ho!es everyone has one lol
Did you have the bead locks with the EVO's?

Reactions: Yankee
Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
Did you have the bead locks with the EVO's?
Nope wanted a flatter tire hoping they wouldn't slide into washouts so easily. Figured if I was ordering new wheels I wanted 14" so I had more tire options so I needed new tires lol. It's only money they say...

Reactions: Smitty335
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I hear a lot of good things about the Roctanes. The EVO's are starting to work at lower PSI, just freaks me out, under 10 PSI. I have busted 3 front tires, two stock and one EFX. Got same size tire on all four corners now. We will see????
Yeah I’m same on all 4 corners had good luck so far running 30-10r14 roctanes

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
H

what lift do you have to clear the 30s mine rub bad with 2 inches

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are you in your grumpy mode still about the lights and crap? I think simplicity works great! Butt????? I do have some stupid crap on Rooster. I've added some weight, which I'm totally against, battery, LED light, whips I bought a set of Black Water's, first trip out, 10 PSI, rode like a log wagon and didn't grip like my EFX's in the rocks, logs did great. I'm down to 8 PSI now, better, thinking about 7 PSI. The side walls are very stiff on the Black Water's, what's the lowest pressure you run and I have bead locks. I might ride aggressively. Not stupid.
If you knew me you wouldn't ask if I'm in a grumpy mode, I'm always grumpy.o_O I'm smart enough to know there is no perfect tire but the EVO's have performed well for me in the mud on slippery, muddy hills and on rocks. @Delton, @joeymt33 and a bunch who have ridden with me can confirm that. As far as riding like a log wagon, I'm not into the wish I was back in my Lazyboy, even at 65 yrs young. I like the stiff sidewalls which to me probably indicate less chance of sidewall failures. ;) I've tried several other tires but always seem to go back to the EVO's. Also not into riding gravel and backroads which would be hard on the EVO's. It's all good.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep my Evos at around 8psi. Did lose a bead few times on sharp angles. Now have beadlocks. I think they do well on rocks considering their intended terrain. I've had to put few miles on blacktop with them too. Not too bad considering lug depth. Still my favorite all purpose tire when the crap gets rough. All others get the Terrabites.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I keep my Evos at around 8psi. Did lose a bead few times on sharp angles. Now have beadlocks. I think they do well on rocks considering their intended terrain. I've had to put few miles on blacktop with them too. Not too bad considering lug depth. Still my favorite all purpose tire when the crap gets rough. All others get the Terrabites.
That's where I'm at, 8 PSI. These tires will hook up.

Reactions: Delton

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!