Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah the siren would scare off most though, unless they aren’t doing anything illegal. The first month I had mine my dog set mine off, alarm company called and sent the police. All was good and when I got home didn’t see anything out of place. I’ve set it off a few times accidentally and it is loud and annoying. It’s just another layer to add that is inexpensive.

I think the best first line is a big dog with a mean bark, my dog is a lab/Dane mix and she freaks people out.
Yes, good loud mean sounding dogs are good....

This here shows that if a door or window is either unlocked or easily kicked in, that was their first choice. Security systems didn’t phase them. Loud mean dogs sent them to the next house....

Reactions: Blownzuki
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Carry it out is for morons.. Here is why you really want to bolt down your safe. Its all about leverage.
Thanks, I know a lot more about gun safe's now.

Reactions: Biteme
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
They did it the hard way. I've got a Makita metal cutting circular saw that would open up the whole side of a safe in about 3 minutes without working up a sweat.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Anything you can do to slow them down is a plus. Having the safe blocked in by walls, anchored and just enough room to swing the door open helps.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Anything you can do to slow them down is a plus. Having the safe blocked in by walls, anchored and just enough room to swing the door open helps.
Yep, that’s why I mentioned earlier in the thread that I’m building a closet around mine with plywood screwed to the studding under the Sheetrock and the jamb lapping the edges of the safe with just enough clearance for the safe door to clear the jamb of the closet door which itself will have a commercial deadbolt on it, with of course an out swinging solid core door.....

Reactions: ChadD
V

Vstingray

Dec 1, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep, that’s why I mentioned earlier in the thread that I’m building a closet around mine with plywood screwed to the studding under the Sheetrock and the jamb lapping the edges of the safe with just enough clearance for the safe door to clear the jamb of the closet door which itself will have a commercial deadbolt on it, with of course an out swinging solid core door.....
I like gun safes, don't get me wrong. They are great especially if you have kids or grandkids around. But I never believed in putting all of my eggs in one basket.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I like gun safes, don't get me wrong. They are great especially if you have kids or grandkids around. But I never believed in putting all of my eggs in one basket.
I use mine for much more than just what they’re designed for....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!