Professional Recovery (Share Your Experience)

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did some research on here to see if a thread existed that explored this topic. I did not find one. I have not had any personal experience with a professional recovery. I wanted to start this thread so people could share their experience. Please keep professional recovery team stories/experiences the topic of this thread. The goal for this would be to hopefully inform others on what to expect. It may also be a good place for someone to share something they learned.

For other types of recovery please visit this thread:

Thank you

Reactions: Coeus
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While I was still an active firefighter, we often worked side by side with professional recovery contractors on highway accident scenes.

Probably the worst recovery scene we were on was a stretch of 2 miles of cars and trucks strewn everywhere. Started as one car that rear ended a car because she was on a phone. The scene expanded as we were arriving as two more separate cars in different directions hit debris on the road. We also believed they were on phones texting too.

By the time we could wrestle the traffic on detours there were 10 vehicles we had to help cleanup and 3 tractor trailers on two miles of highway.

I’ll never forget how impatient people were because we had diverted them on to gravel roads for a 4 mile detour.

I personally called in 4 auto plates.

Thankfully the only injury was a broken ankle on one of the female drivers.

Please do your part and slow down, get over as far as possible. If you have time bump your hazards to hopefully catch the attention of those behind you.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A quick training snippet from my Army Recovery days.
Had a hard time deciding if this was professional, or personal.
I was an Instructor for Recovery Operations at Ft Jackson SC.
Taught hundreds and hundreds of Soldiers.
So maybe not professional, because I taught it. haha
Sure do miss that stuff sometimes.
Pics
Recover 01, is the formula
Recover 02-08, show you how to estimate load resistance.
Recover 10-12, pics of making it happen(Fun).
Recover 13, My Wrecker
GTA 09-14-002 rigging card
When stationed at Aberdeen Maryland, I helped with some of the information for the 2006 version.
Have a good day

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I had to use Piney to help the professionals (floating barge) with a recovery of my pontoon boat yesterday:

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!