Boxers for sale?

J

JTW

So we lost our pup of 10 years back in January. She was a boxer and a great dog... our oldest girl has a birthday June the 19th and we're planning to get her another dog. We've pretty much come to the conclusion to go back with another boxer.
So to cut to it.. before we go and pick one out tomorrow. I thought I'd ask if any of you folks have any pups for sale? I'm open to other breeds also... ps, I'm cheap!

J

JTW

Oh... and so I don't disappoint those looking for some shenanigans based on the thread title..

IMG 4134 IMG 4135

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Boxers are a great family dog. We also had Blue Tick hounds also when the kids were small but the best kid dog we ever had was an English setter. Not to belittle her but she gave new meaning to the phrase, "dumber than a post" (the UPS guy hit her 3 times as did the little girl down the road!) but when it came to a dog for kids, those are all my favorites.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So we lost our pup of 10 years back in January. She was a boxer and a great dog... our oldest girl has a birthday June the 19th and we're planning to get her another dog. We've pretty much come to the conclusion to go back with another boxer.
So to cut to it.. before we go and pick one out tomorrow. I thought I'd ask if any of you folks have any pups for sale? I'm open to other breeds also... ps, I'm cheap!

Look into a boxer rescue. We just agreed to get this guy..... we met him with our one boxer and everyone got along.

F0c8a9c44b996afffb43d86c271e6ab8

8c44f727dd1dd9260d59a921fb67bc80

These rescue dogs usually come from a bad place. This little guy in the pics came to the foster parents covered in what looked like cig burns all over and he was skin and bones. Our female we had for years (until she got hit by a car last year) was also a rescue. They are heart worm tested and fixed and A LOT cheaper vs a breeder. Our female boxer, the foster fam said they got her from a shelter that DID have a kill policy after so long.

I'll give you the rescue info if you ask. We met one of the foster fans in Nashville.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The dog my wife is holding was the last pup we bought at a breeder. He turns 9 June.

The tough looking big guy in this pic was also a rescue boxer.

D5b5536402882ca4574aa42e04a4645b

He also got hit by a car. I've not lost a dog to being hit by a car my whole life until last year I lost two. It was definitely hard. The boxer rescue almost didn't give us a third chance unless I fenced in the property.

J

JTW

Look into a boxer rescue. We just agreed to get this guy..... we met him with our one boxer and everyone got along.

View attachment 44916

View attachment 44917

These rescue dogs usually come from a bad place. This little guy in the pics came to the foster parents covered in what looked like cig burns all over and he was skin and bones. Our female we had for years (until she got hit by a car last year) was also a rescue. They are heart worm tested and fixed and A LOT cheaper vs a breeder. Our female boxer, the foster fam said they got her from a shelter that DID have a kill policy after so long.

I'll give you the rescue info if you ask. We met one of the foster fans in Nashville.
Two things...

Yeah, what's the info. We'd rather have a pup but I'll take a look. The pups we're going to look at aren't registered but both parents are there. $350 and that's the cheapest we've found. I gave $125 for the last one.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Diehard boxer owner here, but I rescued both my current dogs. I bought my last two from a "breeder" and one was plagued with issues. Over breeding I think. But we keep him and spent a fortune on giving him the best life we could. He didn't last but 8 short years.
I will never pay for a dog again when so many need good homes.
IMG 20140601 181035616

J

JTW

Diehard boxer owner here, but I rescued both my current dogs. I bought my last two from a "breeder" and one was plagued with issues. Over breeding I think. But we keep him and spent a fortune on giving him the best life we could. He didn't last but 8 short years.
I will never pay for a dog again when so many need good homes.View attachment 44937
I'm awful particular with my dogs and horses... but if I weren't on such a time line I'd probably go the rescue route for sure.. but I want a young puppy.

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know they have a lot of problems with boxers around here as well. Overbreeding? If you are looking for a pet check out great Danes. We have one and are known to be great family dogs. Ours is. So arnt all the neighbors dogs. 5 on my block.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yea but buying the dog is the cheapest part. You pay for your chances I figure
Best to look into the breeder and we ask if they can have some people that have had the pups could talk to us. Very good boxer breeder here and we did one litter ourselves just for the experience. I personally like to start with a pup because our dogs sleep with us all I just like to know how it was raised. I know there's many good dogs looking for a home too.
Boxers aren't exactly the smartest but sure a great breed we've had a few

Last edited:
J

JTW

Appreciate the feed back... any of you with boxers keep them as strictly and outside dog?

J

JTW

Don't be so cheap! Go buy that little girl a pup! Hahahaha
I am... I've just been kinda torn about buying another boxer. I loved the last one... I'd prefer a little boxer brake and go back to a heeler as it will be strictly an outside dog.

Reactions: Windrock1000
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!