P1000 Brand new but no tail lights

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I received my LE, the high beams on both headlights did not work. These are the HID lights. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced both headlights. Someone in QC dropped the ball.

jmcraft

jmcraft

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2022
Hi,
Thats weird, Brake lights but no Tail lights you say.
Leads me to think it's a bent pin or something.

What year?
What Model? SE or LE?

There is a 6 pin connecter under the tailgate kinda centered. We need to take it apart and get a test light out and check to make sure the brown wire has power when the headlights are on. The brown wire is taillights.

Report back with what model so we can look at it more depending on what model.

Thanks.
My understanding is the brown wire is power (hot wire) and the solid green wire is the ground for the taillights and the green wire with the brown stripe is the ground for the brake lights.

Reactions: toddvdh and Lady01
jmcraft

jmcraft

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2022
So I pulled the taillights and checked. Both had 12v on the taillight pin. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced both taillights under warranty. Odd that both were bad but must have been a bad batch from the factory. Thank you guys for all of your help.
Hey thanks for sharing that. Not that misery loves company, but it puts the malfunction in perspective. It is sometimes difficult to deal with an issue that is unique to only you. I never considered a bad batch of lights.

Reactions: toddvdh and Lady01
jmcraft

jmcraft

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2022
My understanding is the brown wire is power (hot wire) and the solid green wire is the ground for the taillights and the green wire with the brown stripe is the ground for the brake lights.

Reactions: Lady01
P

Piper19p

Sep 2, 2021
Shafer Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2021 1000-5 tail light failed at 100 miles, the other tail light failed shortly after. Both we covered under warranty. Now sometime before 200 miles the speedometer orange backlight has failed. Dealer asked Honda and was advised to check all of my accessories as they may be causing these lights to fail? They now want to test my accessories for $100 per hour plus tax. I’ll find out tomorrow if this investment will be refunded by Honda if found proper… Accessories are limited to a ice crusher heater, unused badland winch, dome light, pair of small led rear lights, and a usb/voltmeter. All accessories are powered direct from the factory battery via a Cole Hersey Solenoid and eBay fuse block. The club 12v outlet “T” harness is the only electrical system modification, powering the accessory circuit solenoid. Oh and the club seat belt bypass harness. Pretty frustrating response, and I still have time to purchase the Honda care extended warranty for added protection! Couple pics for having to read my vent..

C3E08842 6101 4C8D A621 F7A65A7BA996 526FC3A0 3D34 4042 B133 C175157E1DFE 678D2DE0 619C 470D AA9A 907BD74072F1

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your dealer and the Honda rep sound completely clueless about electrical systems. Unless you damaged the wiring or blew a fuse somehow, no accessory you added, assuming said accessory is still working properly, could possibly fail the tail lights. Tail light failure has been a fairly common problem on the '21 P1000, as reported here be several owners. It has been covered by warranty and appears to have been a bad batch - though Honda has just replaced them and admitted to nothing. Do a search and print out to show the dealer you are not alone.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!