P1000 Brand New PK1-5 First accessories

BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance. I've been riding 4-wheelers & 4x4's all my life but just bought my first SxS, 2019 Pioneer 1000-5 EPS, two weeks ago and have a lot of questions.

I guess the most important question is what is the first accessory/upgrade would you recommend for me to do to my new rig?

I've compiled a list of wants that include everything from lights, switch panels, skid plates, etc....

Should I go with protecting my new rig with A-arm guards, skid plates, F & R bumpers, mud flaps, duel batteries OR go for comfort with lights, radio, sound bar, windshield, etc?

I will be using this machine on our family ranch for hunting in the thick East Texas Piney woods, but have teenaged kids that may or may not baby her as much as I would.

Any feedback would be great apricated.

20191122 233309574 iOS

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase! Skid plate and winch would be the first things to get, then my personal preference would be a windshield. After those, you can start doing the extra's as you see the need.

Edited to add: the winch will benefit from adding an additional battery. It's not required, but suggested.

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase! Skid plate and winch would be the first things to get, then my personal preference would be a windshield. After those, you can start doing the extra's as you see the need.

From what I've read if I add any electric accs. I would have to add duel batteries to keep from shifting & power drain issues. Is that true? Have you had any electrical problems on single factory battery?

Reactions: Biteme
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
From what I've read if I add any electric accs. I would have to add duel batteries to keep from shifting & power drain issues. Is that true? Have you had any electrical problems on single factory battery?
I added a second battery right from the start, so I didn't run anything extra off the factory battery. Yes, it's true that a low battery can cause issues. There are some running a winch w/o a secondary battery and haven't had problems, but I think a lot depends on usage - if you plan to be in the mud a lot and need to be winched, I'd definitely get the battery. If it will only be needed in an unforeseen emergency, then you could probably put it off until you add lights, radio, etc., just know you may need to sit and wait for your stock battery to charge up a bit after using the winch.

Also, check the alignment... from the factory, they're way out and will eat the tires in no time.

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the heads up on the alignment... And I was kinda already leaning towards installing the secondary battery as one of the first add-on's...…...just in case

Reactions: Biteme and Landman
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
High lifter Lift kit and winch 4500lb minimum would be top priority getting high centered out in the middle of the woods all the lightbars and soundbars don't help at all. I lifted mine after getting high centered and needing 2 SxS's to pull me out. I got high centered last weekend dpnorth's P500 with a 5000lb winch strapped to a tree pulled me out.

BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
High lifter Lift kit and winch 4500lb minimum would be top priority getting high centered out in the middle of the woods all the lightbars and soundbars don't help at all. I lifted mine after getting high centered and needing 2 SxS's to pull me out. I got high centered last weekend dpnorth's P500 with a 5000lb winch strapped to a tree pulled me out.
How did your undercarriage handle being high-centered? Have you installed aftermarket skid-plates?

Reactions: Biteme and BWAF
Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very inexpensive first add on would be to get the kit to extend the vent lines, especially if you have teenagers, they along with skid plates, you will find what’s on there from factory is JUNK!!! It is lethally for show, paper thin. Good luck and welcome to the addiction!!!!

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
Very inexpensive first add on would be to get the kit to extend the vent lines, especially if you have teenagers, they along with skid plates, you will find what’s on there from factory is JUNK!!! It is lethally for show, paper thin. Good luck and welcome to the addiction!!!!

New here also and really liking all the great info. Not sure what vent lines are. Also if anyone out there is running seizmik uppers with a Honda split windshield I would love to see some pics and install info. Thanks sxs friends. Oh! I have the p1000-5 le

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme and BWAF
advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Based on what you said about teenagers ridin hard, my first upgrades would be vent extension kit from @Buyouownbeer, he is a member on here and you can locate him in the vender section also you can find videos of how to do it on here or YouTube next would be full skid plate mine is from trail armor but there are other manufacturers as well just go with 1/2 “ thick don’t skimp on that then add as you have need/ wants. Have a blast with the new ride, and welcome from WNC 🍻

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most stuff is really a personal preference thing. Roof, windshield, winch, radio and vent line extensions were first thing for me. Skid plate will be on before it really goes riding. This is my 4th sxs and I learned on the 1st one that a roof and windshield atleast for me are just basic got to have items. I had always had ATVs before so I didn't really think those were important. Until I loaded up and took it to an OHV park on a summer day lol. Between the dust, rocks, sunshine, limbs and brush I added both as soon as I got it home. Those have always been my first add on's ever since. Also these things are so much heavier then an ATV. A winch is a must. Not just for mud either.

BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most stuff is really a personal preference thing. Roof, windshield, winch, radio and vent line extensions were first thing for me. Skid plate will be on before it really goes riding. This is my 4th sxs and I learned on the 1st one that a roof and windshield atleast for me are just basic got to have items. I had always had ATVs before so I didn't really think those were important. Until I loaded up and took it to an OHV park on a summer day lol. Between the dust, rocks, sunshine, limbs and brush I added both as soon as I got it home. Those have always been my first add on's ever since. Also these things are so much heavier then an ATV. A winch is a must. Not just for mud either.
Badlands wench and 1/2 windshield are next. Had to install second battery prior to wench to avoid electrical issues. I also think I'm going to look into the DEI aux fan kit to "TRY" to tame this Texas heat.

Anyone have any feedback on this kit or suggestions? I already installed the heat shield kit(fabric under the seat) & really like the fact that is has programmable thermostat but could operate with switch if I found another kit without it.

Reactions: Biteme and Isaiah
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Badlands wench and 1/2 windshield are next. Had to install second battery prior to wench to avoid electrical issues. I also think I'm going to look into the DEI aux fan kit to "TRY" to tame this Texas heat.

Anyone have any feedback on this kit or suggestions? I already installed the heat shield kit(fabric under the seat) & really like the fact that is has programmable thermostat but could operate with switch if I found another kit without it.
$400+ 🤯
Unless you really want to spend that kinda cash, I'd look for them items separately. I bet you can put that kit together yourself for about $60-$80.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I bought the Amazon choice bildge fan and wired just an on off switch. It's been completely submerged and still going strong. I agree that kit looks over priced. I only feel the need to run the fan on slow technical terrain where the heat builds up under the seat.

Reactions: BenM
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Breather extenstions, skid plates and winch for me. I have a Viper Elite widespool 4500# winch and FactoryUTV 1/2" UHMW skids. I was unpleasantly surprised at the the significant dings to the tubes and frame crossbars when I got under there to replace the factory skid. I drive fairly conservatively (most of the time) but we have rocky trails around here. I knew I had a couple minor hits, but did not expect the resulting dings. Then shocks ... I have the Fox QS3's. Welcome to the site.

Last edited:
advertisement