P1000 Brand New PK1-5 First accessories

BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a heads up on the fan kit. Summit racing has it for much less. Same part number.
After reviewing all the fan kits and YouTube videos I was wondering if it’s better to blow the hot air out or pipe cool air in? Anyone have any thoughts or done this mods?

Reactions: Isaiah

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't done any fan under the seat myself. I might I don't know. I'm a little concerned with noise myself. I haven't heard that Atwood fan everyone seems to use in person, but I have heard inline fans and boat bilge fans before and they are very load. Heck the blower on my boat to vent the engine compartment of fumes is annoyingly loud.

Reactions: Isaiah and BenM
BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't done any fan under the seat myself. I might I don't know. I'm a little concerned with noise myself. I haven't heard that Atwood fan everyone seems to use in person, but I have heard inline fans and boat bilge fans before and they are very load. Heck the blower on my boat to vent the engine compartment of fumes is annoyingly loud.
The blowers on my boat are loud too.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what I've read if I add any electric accs. I would have to add duel batteries to keep from shifting & power drain issues. Is that true? Have you had any electrical problems on single factory battery?
Can you advise where you purchased the dual battery and installation kit?? I'm semi-retired and I cant afford Honda's high prices

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next on my lust is taking care of the undercarriage and A -Arms. My GATOR 825i came with steel skid pans which was perfect, but now I see many posts for Al or some sort of hard plastic. Any refs? My most challenging issues are flooded rice and soybeans, not necessarily rock climbing

Reactions: Isaiah and BenM
BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you advise where you purchased the dual battery and installation kit?? I'm semi-retired and I cant afford Honda's high prices

Got a lot of install instruction from this YouTube vid:

I got the true duel isolator from 2faroffroad (HondaSXS member) and the rest from Ebay.

here is a complete parts list:
TrueAm UTV-SBI-18CM UTV Dual Battery Isolator Kit
Gates 20968 Radiator Coolant Hose
Hose Clamp
Blue Sea Systems 5025 6-Gang Fuse Block St Ato/Atc Negative Bus And Cover
Stinger SGP38 80 AMP Battery Isolator And Relay W/ Universal 12V Application
Bussmann CB185-100 100 AMP WATERPROOF THERMAL CIRCUIT BREAKER 185100F
Mighty Max ML26-12 12V 26AH Replacement for EnerSys Genesis G12V26AH10EP G26EP
OTRATTW DPDT red LED rocker switch
I also use 16 ga wire and assorted connectors I had in my shop.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’m going to do the. SATV windshield and try to figure out which hard top next. Will add MAXXIS Carnivores (28” or 29” depending on the necessity of adding a lift kit) in August as funds will allow. I am also trying to locate a front winch ready front bumper with the capability to add a small light bar as we normally are surrounded by fog and/or rain.

BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next on my lust is taking care of the undercarriage and A -Arms. My GATOR 825i came with steel skid pans which was perfect, but now I see many posts for Al or some sort of hard plastic. Any refs? My most challenging issues are flooded rice and soybeans, not necessarily rock climbing

The undercarriage was my first priority because at my ranch I hit a loose stump and skewered a Polaris 700(may she rest in pieces), pushed a log thru the floor up to the steering wheel.

I have not done any rock climbing( Yet ) but would absolutely recommend the UHMW Full Skid Plate by Factory UTV - Honda Pioneer 1000 from Sidebysidestuff.com These plates actually help my machine slide on top of the mud and ruts I've been through. I also got the Ricochet Off-Road A-Arm Guards |Set of 4| just to keep the sticks out. No problems yet, just make sure you wash all the dirt out between the top of the plates and your rig.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
advertisement
BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’m going to do the. SATV windshield and try to figure out which hard top next. Will add MAXXIS Carnivores (28” or 29” depending on the necessity of adding a lift kit) in August as funds will allow. I am also trying to locate a front winch ready front bumper with the capability to add a small light bar as we normally are surrounded by fog and/or rain.

Next on my list is under seat fan, LE bumper w/ wench, then I'm going to have to save a few pennies to start working on the suspension/wheels/tires.

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New here also and really liking all the great info. Not sure what vent lines are. Also if anyone out there is running seizmik uppers with a Honda split windshield I would love to see some pics and install info. Thanks sxs friends. Oh! I have the p1000-5 le

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vent lines from both front and rear axles, gas tank, and I believe on other, message @Bayouownbeer for vent line kit.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most stuff is really a personal preference thing. Roof, windshield, winch, radio and vent line extensions were first thing for me. Skid plate will be on before it really goes riding. This is my 4th sxs and I learned on the 1st one that a roof and windshield atleast for me are just basic got to have items. I had always had ATVs before so I didn't really think those were important. Until I loaded up and took it to an OHV park on a summer day lol. Between the dust, rocks, sunshine, limbs and brush I added both as soon as I got it home. Those have always been my first add on's ever since. Also these things are so much heavier then an ATV. A winch is a must. Not just for mud either.
Agreed the first mod was skid plates and A-Arm guards...i installed them back in the spring

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Send me email for 10% off. I also have heat shields.

[email protected]

Vent extension kit without filters recommended for 5 seater. Filters not needed your preference. Simple hour install. Great piece of mind knowing your covered. This includes 2-3 day next day shipping. Instructions included.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 Vent Ext. Kit Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

With filters recommended for 3 seaters unless you drill three 1/4” holes to put the ends of the tubing into. If you don’t mud you can use the kit without filters and simply turn the ends down 90 degrees.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 Vent Ext. Kit. Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

BenM

BenM

Dec 5, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Send me email for 10% off. I also have heat shields.

[email protected]

Vent extension kit without filters recommended for 5 seater. Filters not needed your preference. Simple hour install. Great piece of mind knowing your covered. This includes 2-3 day next day shipping. Instructions included.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 Vent Ext. Kit Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

With filters recommended for 3 seaters unless you drill three 1/4” holes to put the ends of the tubing into. If you don’t mud you can use the kit without filters and simply turn the ends down 90 degrees.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 Vent Ext. Kit. Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

email sent

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have ideas on Bumpers and/or Brush Guards that might incorporate a tilt forward hood rack. My Old Gator 825i had an excellent system that allowed the hood rack to tilt forward to remove the windshield, access electrical, etc. It also had provisions for the winch fairleads.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!