P1000 Bring back the new look.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Asking others about how they clean there machines. I have hard water in my area ,and I use a filter before the pressure washer. What I've found is that the orange peel black plastic on my Honda doesn't get as clean as the flat black plastic. So what I'am wondering is how do you get it to look clean again. ?? Washing doesn't seem to make it look nice and clean , in the orange peel areas.??

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
After you are done washing it, spray and wipe down the plastics with WD-40. Not only will it shine, mud will wash off easier.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I'd be awfully sick from just the smell of wd 40. I've used mothers and also turtle wax spray on cleaner/wax. It shines up really nice. Problem is I get feeling sick from the smell. Also after a dusty ride it looks worse then ever, the dust seems to stick to it.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I use Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish after the bath. It's designed for all materials, metal, plastic glass, rubber.

Just spray it all over and buff it out with some micro-fiber towels. If too expensive I have seen some dealers use furniture spray polish with the same results.

13 18648

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish after the bath. It's designed for all materials, metal, plastic glass, rubber.

Just spray it all over and buff it out with some micro-fiber towels. If too expensive I have seen some dealers use furniture spray polish with the same results.

View attachment 281852
Yep, and I’ve used mountain bike polish.

The concern with some chemicals is they’ll start lifting the decals. The polishes won’t.
Shine on you crazy diamond!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!