Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious if any one has experience with either of these knock off tires.

Mostly looking for something that has good snow and mud traction. I’ll trail ride in the Mountains maybe 10% of the time other wise it’s farm/ranch duty spraying, fencing etc.

Mud in my area is this soul sucking loam that has no bottom. Once you break the sod surface it’s pretty much over as you end up high centered. If you need to cross a creek or mud puddle you better be hauling tail before you get to the edge of the mud or you won’t make it.

Any other budget tires worth considering in 28” tall flavor for 12” stock rims?

I may still go with the stock size in a gbc dirt tamer, but would like a bit more height.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those sunf tires look just like the gbc... part of me says they all probably come from the same place. But those also dont look a whole lot cheaper than the original.

If you want a good mud tire that's not obnoxious when its dry look at the Bear Claw HTR. They are a great option and not insanely expensive.

Reactions: TripleB and Vikes79
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those sunf tires look just like the gbc... part of me says they all probably come from the same place. But those also dont look a whole lot cheaper than the original.

If you want a good mud tire that's not obnoxious when its dry look at the Bear Claw HTR. They are a great option and not insanely expensive.

I was thinking the same on the sunf tires. Probably come the same factory.

As far as cost the two above can be found cheaper...just not sure if they are worth it.

I’ve been watching the blem list from Interco for a while now.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol in my search I came across some new P1k5 deluxe take offs ( rim and tire) for 450...so I jumped on it. I’ll keep my steelies as spares.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Curious if any one has experience with either of these knock off tires.

Mostly looking for something that has good snow and mud traction. I’ll trail ride in the Mountains maybe 10% of the time other wise it’s farm/ranch duty spraying, fencing etc.

Mud in my area is this soul sucking loam that has no bottom. Once you break the sod surface it’s pretty much over as you end up high centered. If you need to cross a creek or mud puddle you better be hauling tail before you get to the edge of the mud or you won’t make it.

Any other budget tires worth considering in 28” tall flavor for 12” stock rims?

I may still go with the stock size in a gbc dirt tamer, but would like a bit more height.
I purchased a set of 27inch SunF tires for my father last year. He loves them

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!