P500 Built a better door, or at least I think it is ;)

R

RSWPhotographic

Sep 3, 2018
Calgary
RSWPhotographic.com
Ownership

1. 500
The tie I had holding the fabric door that came with the machine wasn't tied as well as I thought, it came open at 120 km/h (about 75 mph) and well, the door didn't do so well. So I took the opportunity to make something significantly stronger. Single piece of 3/16" aluminum cut to fit, reused the old zipper window and bottom latch. I've since insulated it on the inside because that bare metal was damn hot! I've also put the hammer on edging all the way around the outside to protect the fingers (and cover up my less than perfect, but still pretty decent cuts)
Have to do the passenger's side next time I have the time.
Thanks to everyone who's built & posted here, I used a lot of the ideas I've seen to make my door work.
Posted the passenger's side door (still stock from the dealer) for comparison.

IMG 4697 IMG 4705 IMG 4706 IMG 4831 IMG 4834

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!