P500 I think i'm finished with it.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Did you have to do anything special to mount your winch in that location? I was under the impression with that bumper the Honda lower mounting plate was needed.
KFI winch mount...

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Helps with smoothing out pedal on bumps and leg fatigue. Liking mine, smooth rpm on video.
Forgot,I have one of those,but mounted up=side down.Bolted the hinge to the floor,and the long end lays,and slides on the gas pedal.Works better to me mounted that way.

Reactions: Mudder
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
2017 with white plastic formerly pea green
26X9x12 Big Horn 2's on Delta steel wheels
Tusk power steering
Front locker
Honda brush guard
Superwinch A3500 winch on KFI mount
Aux. battery under the hood with disconnect
EMP roof
Honda half windshield with home made top half
Tusk rear cab enclosure
LED front and rear lights
Walker Evans shocks
Auto up and down shift delete [2015 electronics]
Tractor Supply rear box surrounded by a modified Harbor Freight rack
Fire Extinguisher
150 feet of extra tow cable,hatchet,cooler,and toilet paper in rear box
Reverse mod
Extra fuel pump and tools carried in the storage box [the original one left me hanging once]
12volt receptical in the rear for my dump trailer
voltmeter in the dash
chainsaw mount in the rear
throttle maxx go pedal mod
pistol holster
4"x"4" piece of 120 grain sand paper on the dash to wipe boogers on
! inch spacers on the rear
View attachment 164442 View attachment 164443
Impressive. Explain the Auto shift delete...why?

Reactions: Eltobgi and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Forgot,I have one of those,but mounted up=side down.Bolted the hinge to the floor,and the long end lays,and slides on the gas pedal.Works better to me mounted that way.
Interesting, post a pic?

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Impressive. Explain the Auto shift delete...why?
The why...I did not ever use Auto and did not care for the auto downshift feature while in manual.The how...I installed a 2015 ecm,and speedometer pod in place of the 17 model stuff.It also took a small Speedo Dr. to adjust for the difference in number of teeth on the gear that the pick-up reads from .Honda changed that gear from 15,16 models on the 17 and later.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The why...I did not ever use Auto and did not care for the auto downshift feature while in manual.The how...I installed a 2015 ecm,and speedometer pod in place of the 17 model stuff.It also took a small Speedo Dr. to adjust for the difference in number of teeth on the gear that the pick-up reads from .Honda changed that gear from 15,16 models on the 17 and later.
You are a techno wizard. You lost me at 'ecm'.

Reactions: monaco and Mudwing
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I'd like to know more. Do you have the automatic feature anymore?

I like the idea of auto, but don't like the shift points.
I really don't like the downshift feature.
I'm unsure of what you did and why . . . would your changes help my concerns (minor though they are!)

Thanks.
This forum is absurdedly good (yeah, I made up that word). From the machine itself, to the members, to the moderator . . . just nutsedly good . . .

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I'd like to know more. Do you have the automatic feature anymore?

I like the idea of auto, but don't like the shift points.
I really don't like the downshift feature.
I'm unsure of what you did and why . . . would your changes help my concerns (minor though they are!)

Thanks.
This forum is absurdedly good (yeah, I made up that word). From the machine itself, to the members, to the moderator . . . just nutsedly good . . .
My 17 model is now like a 15 or 16 model with no auto features.Like you ,I did not like the shift points in auto,so never used it.My biggest gripe with the auto downshift was when coming to a stop from ,say,25mph,using the brakes,slowing quickly,my P-5 would hunt a lower gear and chatter the rear end.Plus ,I wanted control of my downshifts.So, basically,I have a 16' model with taller first gear and reverse.There is no auto,manual switch on my dash now.Just changing the module under the seat did not do it.I had to use the 15'-16' model speedometer pod as well.When I go to 1st gear,like the early models,an "L" shows instead of "1" now.I like the set-up better.

Reactions: Mudder
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
basically,I have a 16' model with taller first gear and reverse.

So, the different ECM gives you a taller first gear. OK. Not getting what you mean re: reverse . . . ? Pretty sure you had reverse before!

I'm mechanically declined . . . plus bourbon . . .

Reactions: monaco
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, the different ECM gives you a taller first gear. OK. Not getting what you mean re: reverse . . . ? Pretty sure you had reverse before!

I'm mechanically declined . . . plus bourbon . . .
I think he was saying ... The ratio for first and the ratio for reverse changed. So he has the new ratio’s for both but removed the new AUTO mode which also removed his unwanted downshifts.

Reactions: Mudwing
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
OK, so no more automatic whatsoever; and the gear ratios for 1st gear and reverse are different . . . ? by changing the ECU and display pod...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, so no more automatic whatsoever; and the gear ratios for 1st gear and reverse are different . . . ? by changing the ECU and display pod...
The gears are different because it is the newer model year.

The ECU/Display change to the older model year gave him the prior models lack of AUTO and downshifts. Which is what he was going for.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
The gears are different because it is the newer model year.

The ECU/Display change to the older model year gave him the prior models lack of AUTO and downshifts. Which is what he was going for.
Yep,The 17 and later have a little taller ratio for first and reverse in the transmission.So I have the taller gears,but the shifting program like an early model.It only shifts up or down when I pull a paddle.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Interesting, post a pic?
DSC01294
DSC01295

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!