Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same reason the Corps of Engineers here... claim riding on them causes erosion. Never mind this is a flood control lake that the COE drops 25 feet in the winter and spring rains fill it up... talk about causing erosion!!
Or maybe there's some microscopic fish in there on the verge of extinction and ohv's are killing it lol. I remember years ago when a snail darter (roughly 1" long) stopped construction of a dam somewhere in the US. The creek riding was fun but the mud and rock hills was what kept bringing me back there.

J

JTW

Or maybe there's some microscopic fish in there on the verge of extinction and ohv's are killing it lol. I remember years ago when a snail darter (roughly 1" long) stopped construction of a dam somewhere in the US. The creek riding was fun but the mud and rock hills was what kept bringing me back there.
Probably.. but hey, if you can't trust the government, who can ya trust??

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Riding BullRun Tuesday the 4th. Sorry for the short notice. Anyone welcome to hang when us.

Will be an easy ride with wife and two kids. My brother is bringing the Farm Rig with his wife and kid. Going to attempt to be at the trail head by 10-10:30 on the AL side. Will probably only ride until 3:00.

We plan to stop for lunch for an hour or so and let the kids swim around lunch time. I'm bringing a raft so they can float the river.

@lee
@drfubar
@snuffnwhisky
@ohanacreek
@downske
@Huntnbuddy2
@sharp
@Delton

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Riding BullRun Tuesday the 4th. Sorry for the short notice. Anyone welcome to hang when us.

Will be an easy ride with wife and two kids. My brother is bringing the Farm Rig with his wife and kid. Going to attempt to be at the trail head by 10-10:30 on the AL side. Will probably only ride until 3:00.

We plan to stop for lunch for an hour or so and let the kids swim around lunch time. I'm bringing a raft so they can float the river.

@lee
@drfubar
@snuffnwhisky
@ohanacreek
@downske
@Huntnbuddy2
@sharp
@Delton
Its looking like Tues may be my only day off until the 14th. So I doubt I'll be up for it. May just chill at house and help wife with kids. As long and hard as I've worked, she's worked longer and harder. I'm sure she'd love a break.

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm in. Need a location to meet at on the Alabama side. Unless @drfubar or @Delton commits, I will meet up on n the south side
Sorry, still up in the air for work. The schedule has not been posted for Tuesday yet and my team is usually committed for holidays. Better count me out

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@drfubar I understand, sucks being the mature responsible adult sometimes. If you win the lottery or the day becomes available I would love to see you there.

@joeymt33 google maps says it is only an hour and 8 minutes from here, not too bad.

@ohanacreek don't be bumming me out (but no pressure). haha

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Weather looks unpredictable.

Weather channel says thunderstorms 80% chance for Tuesday.

I checked three other sources and got 30-40%

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Let's hope it holds off and let's us ride. I don't mind a shower but it there lightening around.....my kids won't be around.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Don't know my schedule yet. I'll find out tomorrow.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let's hope it holds off and let's us ride. I don't mind a shower but it there lightening around.....my kids won't be around.
Emilee and I took off riding there during a downpour. It was fun until the lightning started. That's no place to be when that happens.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@lee
@drfubar
@snuffnwhisky
@ohanacreek
@downske
@Huntnbuddy2
@sharp
@Delton
Thanks for the invite but I won't be able to make it this time. Family and friends are comming over to celebrate the fourth.

advertisement