Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check this one!

Video of the year material right there! That was totally awesome. With a perfect ending. Thank goodness we were able to find the phone afterwards or it may have never been seen lmao. That's one tough phone!

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That was awesome, two thumbs up
Yeah two thumbs and a knot on the head lmao. Not sure what I hit but probably a rops clamp lol. Any doubters about the ability and toughness of these machines should've rode with us today. Wish we had pics of those rocks we climbed down on that new trail. We plan to return so we can climb up them. Will take lots of pics of that feat.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Joey tried to make light of his jump but these pics prove otherwise. That was awesome to see. Reminded me of a Labrador jumping in after a freshly shot duck lol. And he was brave enough to go first. I should've leaned back like that lol. I'm a big advocate of seat belt use but of course didn't have mine on lol. I did make my 6yr old get out beforehand lol.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 18343 All cleaned up and ready for another ride
Just say the word! I'm ready to go again. Those new trails were awesome! Guess they were all new to you huh? Lol. I committed the cardinal sin...I put her in the shop still muddy. I was just too tired after feeding horses, cats, dogs, pigs, chickens, 10 ferrets, and a pair of kinkajous. Plus washing a 6yr old.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Emilee fell asleep going up the big rock hill lol. She was wore out

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow! What's my excuse for not washing my mine last night? I guess I better get out there now.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! What's my excuse for not washing my mine last night? I guess I better get out there now.
Being pulled out of that Nichole wore you out?? Lmao. It's as good of an excuse as any lol. I was so tired I fell into the mud lol. It was that kind of a fun day. Don't think it could've gotten any better. Except for sliding into that ravine. Wish I had pics of it so people could see how deep it is. And the tank pulled out of it like it was nothing

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Being pulled out of that Nichole wore you out?? Lmao. It's as good of an excuse as any lol. I was so tired I fell into the mud lol. It was that kind of a fun day. Don't think it could've gotten any better. Except for sliding into that ravine. Wish I had pics of it so people could see how deep it is. And the tank pulled out of it like it was nothing

Looks like your new phone hasn't learned you yet. "Nichole"??

And that muddy ravine climb sounds like a video shoot next time!

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
@joeymt33 the more I see how you mounted that light bar, the more I like it. Do you like the location? I'm torn between rigging something up on the ROPS or putting it where you have it. Thanks

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33 the more I see how you mounted that light bar, the more I like it. Do you like the location? I'm torn between rigging something up on the ROPS or putting it where you have it. Thanks

I like the location and don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

A little info about me, I'm super practical and sometimes to a fault. This light mount is an example. I like the look of the light mounted at the bottom or top of the windshield but I'm going for the best possible light and night vision. Also with my snorkel, the goal was to snorkel the vehicle, not make it look pretty. So, I prefer the look of the snorkels that are behind the seat.

Anyway, I modded my vehicle based on my goals and what's practical to me. Others may have goals different than mine like, CP rides in a very wooded area so his light needs to be protected.

So, I said all that so you would know why I did what I did. Most things I do have at least some thought behind it. Not always, but most things. You should determine what your goals are and then weight the pros and cons for different mounting locations. Mockery is a great form of flattery but I don't want you do do the exact same thing I did unless that's what's right for YOU.

I will be glad assist is any way even it means telling you my pros and cons lists or what parts I used.

Joe

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I like the location and don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

A little info about me, I'm super practical and sometimes to a fault. This light mount is an example. I like the look of the light mounted at the bottom or top of the windshield but I'm going for the best possible light and night vision. Also with my snorkel, the goal was to snorkel the vehicle, not make it look pretty. So, I prefer the look of the snorkels that are behind the seat.

Anyway, I modded my vehicle based on my goals and what's practical to me. Others may have goals different than mine like, CP rides in a very wooded area so his light needs to be protected.

So, I said all that so you would know why I did what I did. Most things I do have at least some thought behind it. Not always, but most things. You should determine what your goals are and then weight the pros and cons for different mounting locations. Mockery is a great form of flattery but I don't want you do do the exact same thing I did unless that's what's right for YOU.

I will be glad assist is any way even it means telling you my pros and cons lists or what parts I used.

Joe
I completely understand. I'm the same way about most things in my life and it drives my wife nuts.

The reason the snorkel appealed to me is because it is simple and straight forward. No extra hoses to spring a leak, melt etc... And if I do crack it, a little duct tape will help me patch it until I can replace it.

The way your light bar is mounted seems to have more positives than other mount types. For one, it is in the best place to illuminate the trail without blocking the beam with the hood. It removes the possibility of glare as if it were mounted on the roof. And, mounting to the bumper is solid. If anything breaks, it will be the light which is fine with me as it is cheaper than anything else I would mount it to.

I don't have many good areas to ride close to me so I travel a fair distance every time. This means that one time I will be riding tight woods trails and the next time might be fire roads etc... My goal for my machine is to have it ready for just about anything. I don't want to get on a trail and not be able to do something because I'm not prepared.

So i do understand function over looks; I'm just not as mechanical as some.
Thanks again for your ideas.
Mark

advertisement