• Wait till find out how it stacks up/holds up

• Haven’t decided

• Will not purchase it’s not for me

• Will not purchase because it’s not in the cards

• I plan on purchasing another Sport model

Results are only viewable after voting.
H

HondaTech

Just found out today Honda is offering HPP for up to 4 years of extra warranty.

I dont have access to pricing at home, but I'll find out what the cost will be.

I forgot to mention they've also dropped a bunch of apparel, so everyone knows your driving a Talon while your driving your Talon.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just found out today Honda is offering HPP for up to 4 years of extra warranty.

I dont have access to pricing at home, but I'll find out what the cost will be.

I forgot to mention they've also dropped a bunch of apparel, so everyone knows your driving a Talon while your driving your Talon.
Really? I'm starting to think the big fuss is about over before the Talon hits the sales floors and sales will be ok.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Dealers got an update from Honda today about Talon shipments and availability . If you have a deposit down might want to contact them. More information will be publicly available in a few days.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dealers got an update from Honda today about Talon shipments and availability . If you have a deposit down might want to contact them. More information will be publicly available in a few days.
The one I’m testing broke. They are going back to the drawing board. Sorry guys!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The one I’m testing broke. They are going back to the drawing board. Sorry guys!
I like the look on that guy's face at Northern Tool when you brought back that anvil snapped in two, told him you did it with a pencil. A f***ing pencil! You a bad man Mr. Wick

H

HondaTech

We got our order confirmation today, from April to July we'll be getting 9.

Not 9 of each model/color but 9 total. We ordered 18, WTF Honda.

Incase you guys might a little confused, we're only gonna get 9 Talons for 4 months!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Incase you guys might a little confused, we're only gonna get 9 Talons for 4 months!!
Can you say MSRP++ until 2020?

Reactions: Ragnar406
H

HondaTech

Can you say MSRP++ until 2020?

I don't believe anybody will be willing to pay over MSRP for 1 honestly, unless your dead set on it. I don't think we'll be selling above MSRP, it'll be an advantage for dealers not to, if others try and make a healthy profit.

My GM said Honda grossly underestimated the amount of units they thought they'd sell. They did the same with the monkey, they allocated us 2 of each color and we've sold all 3 red models already. They actually upped production on them and have allocated us 10 more. Maybe if the demand and sales of the Talon are killer, they'll bump production it on as well

Im pretty sure we've got 2 R models already spoken for, that'll leave us with only 2 left over for 4 months, 1 of each color. Unless something major on the Talon starts causing issues, I expect long lines for these things.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don't believe anybody will be willing to pay over MSRP for 1 honestly, unless your dead set on it. I don't think we'll be selling above MSRP, it'll be an advantage for dealers not to, if others try and make a healthy profit.

My GM said Honda grossly underestimated the amount of units they thought they'd sell. They did the same with the monkey, they allocated us 2 of each color and we've sold all 3 red models already. They actually upped production on them and have allocated us 10 more. Maybe if the demand and sales of the Talon are killer, they'll bump production it on as well

Im pretty sure we've got 2 R models already spoken for, that'll leave us with only 2 left over for 4 months, 1 of each color. Unless something major on the Talon starts causing issues, I expect long lines for these things.

I agree demand will exceed supply for awhile. One hold up is components availability from some suppliers, and being borked by Trump tariffs with China has mfg costs considerably over its target.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
H

HondaTech

I agree demand will exceed supply for awhile. One hold up is components availability from some suppliers, and being borked by Trump tariffs with China has mfg costs considerably over its target.

We we're told back when the reveal in Vegas happened, that they were stacked in the warehouse waiting to ship. But I've come to believe that was lie, unless they just grossly underestimated the amount dealers would order. But that's typical Honda, hype something up and hold it hostage once it hits the ground.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

That's pitiful! Guess there going to release as few as possible, so they won't have as many on the recall/update list. I love my P1-5, but I've got one more recall to have the dealer check out.o_O

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

You won't see my ugly mug in those lines! I'll never buy anything first year production again!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!