H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My neighbor just bought a Polaris 4 seater with 32"s stock. The high end turbo's can run 32's but they cost around $30,000 or more. They both have 24 and 25 inches of wheel travel. The Polaris rep said there was a huge upgrade in everyway to handle the large tires and 72 inch width. Sales in that price range should be low and they are better suited for the race track and the sand dunes. The Talon will be better suited for most and the 4 seat model should be out in a year or so with a few more Honda models in the next few years. Honda can produce 100,000 UTV's a year so they should be able to keep up with the demand in a few months.

Reactions: Corona1

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My neighbor just bought a Polaris 4 seater with 32"s stock. The high end turbo's can run 32's but they cost around $30,000 or more. They both have 24 and 25 inches of wheel travel. The Polaris rep said there was a huge upgrade in everyway to handle the large tires and 72 inch width. Sales in that price range should be low and they are better suited for the race track and the sand dunes. The Talon will be better suited for most and the 4 seat model should be out in a year or so with a few more Honda models in the next few years. Honda can produce 100,000 UTV's a year so they should be able to keep up with the demand in a few months.

That’s close to accurate but the high end Polaris Turbos come with 32’s and are 25,400 & 28,200 but can be purchased for a couple grand less. My stock 2018 XP1K cost me 17 and change and I run 32” tires on 15”wheels. Power is no problem but 29” to 32” is like gearing up 12% so ground speed may be borderline higher for my type of riding. With the Honda 28” to 32” would be gearing up 16%....thats a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: GPR1500SC
I

Ice

Oct 7, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s close to accurate but the high end Polaris Turbos come with 32’s and are 25,400 & 28,200 but can be purchased for a couple grand less. My stock 2018 XP1K cost me 17 and change and I run 32” tires on 15”wheels. Power is no problem but 29” to 32” is like gearing up 12% so ground speed may be borderline higher for my type of riding. With the Honda 28” to 32” would be gearing up 16%....thats a lot.
Sorry guys but I jumped ship I will not buy a first year machine my 2017 pioneer 1000 had enough little issues with the campaign stuff and recalls. I let it go. I have to say it sold right away for a decent price. I bought a 2019 yxz instead of the Talon. The Yxz fit my needs better now with the better gearing and comes with bigger tires and nice wheels and I ordered the turbo for a little extra giddy up. With turbo and factory roof it was out the door for $23575.00 from my local dealer 3 miles down the road where I use to work years ago.

IMG 1301 9

J

JTW

Sorry guys but I jumped ship I will not buy a first year machine my 2017 pioneer 1000 had enough little issues with the campaign stuff and recalls. I let it go. I have to say it sold right away for a decent price. I bought a 2019 yxz instead of the Talon. The Yxz fit my needs better now with the better gearing and comes with bigger tires and nice wheels and I ordered the turbo for a little extra giddy up. With turbo and factory roof it was out the door for $23575.00 from my local dealer 3 miles down the road where I use to work years ago.

View attachment 106661
I would be hard pressed to pass up the new YXZ for a talon at this point.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 106661
That’s a great deal. Get that blower on it and report back:)

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
View attachment 106661
I’ll have to take a look at one. Tires don’t look very big, 29’s? My past concern was the lack of front fenders....mud, rocks, etc. No full windshield for me. I have seen them in some pretty knarly places at Moab so they must work!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I’ll have to take a look at one. Tires don’t look very big, 29’s? My past concern was the lack of front fenders....mud, rocks, etc. No full windshield for me. I have seen them in some pretty knarly places at Moab so they must work!
29's but will fit a true 30 or a smaller 32. Several aftermarket options for front flares.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 106661

Potentially unpopular opinion: The YXZ is better looking than the Talon. I consider Yamaha in line with Honda in terms of reliability: I have to say if I had a spare 20k burning a hole in my pocket, I would have went the same route. Congrats!

Reactions: Corona1 and JTW
I

Ice

Oct 7, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 106661
I will be putting up the 29 bighorns up for sale and going with some 30'' dot tires and the turbo is a Dirt launch turbo from Red line performance they are a local shop that does turbos for the yxz and all the short coarse racing guys run them. They make full boost at 3500rpm which really wakes these 3 cylinder motors up on the lower end. So this should be a beast on the trail and I can still go ice racing in the winter and keep up.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 2019 was my choice until the Talon spy pictures came out. I have 17,956 miles on my 2016 YXZ with several failures. They fixed enough problems for me but its such a PITA to do a service. There is no other better choice if you want a turbo.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
The XYZ SS has no manual clutch but still has to be manually shifted, correct? In other words, there is no full auto mode like with the Pioneer and Talon?

I sat in a ‘19 XYZ the other day. Fit and finish was awesome. Loved the seating position and feeling of the steering wheel. Liked the console. Was disappointed the lack of storage.

Don’t know if I’d always want to be in manual mode or not either.... may not be a deal breaker tho. I’d like to ride one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The XYZ SS has no manual clutch but still has to be manually shifted, correct? In other words, there is no full auto mode like with the Pioneer and Talon?

I sat in a ‘19 XYZ the other day. Fit and finish was awesome. Loved the seating position and feeling of the steering wheel. Liked the console. Was disappointed the lack of storage.

Don’t know if I’d always want to be in manual mode or not either.... may not be a deal breaker tho. I’d like to ride one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It auto downshifts like the pioneer but you have to paddle shift it up through the gears just like the pioneer in manual mode. The gearing is taller/wider and a higher rpm limit than the pioneer so there's more mph range in each gear.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
It auto downshifts like the pioneer but you have to paddle shift it up through the gears just like the pioneer in manual mode. The gearing is taller/wider and a higher rpm limit than the pioneer so there's more mph range in each gear.

I'm sure that a man could get accustomed to that pretty easily. I was really impressed by the quality feel of the XYZ. My local dealer sells Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Polaris. The Honda and Yamaha are definitely more refined feeling to sit in.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm sure that a man could get accustomed to that pretty easily. I was really impressed by the quality feel of the XYZ. My local dealer sells Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Polaris. The Honda and Yamaha are definitely more refined feeling to sit in.
I think it runs over 40 mph in 2nd gear stock so not much shifting on the trails around here.

D

drtryder

Dec 2, 2018
East Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ice, I also did the same. Was waiting on the Talon till I looked at the 2019 YXZ SS and all the improvements.I got it a month ago. I haven't had it out yet. Been adding things to it ,getting it ready for spring. Can't wait to hit the trails!

I

Ice

Oct 7, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ice, I also did the same. Was waiting on the Talon till I looked at the 2019 YXZ SS and all the improvements.I got it a month ago. I haven't had it out yet. Been adding things to it ,getting it ready for spring. Can't wait to hit the trails!
I only drove mine 1 mile down the road and you can tell 1st gear is lower. I drive my friends 2017 yxz at the ice races quit a bit. It was time for my own. Waiting for the turbo to show up and then it should be a beast on the trail and track. I really like the improvements they did on the 2019, Yamaha has always been good for make improvements from year to year on there stuff even snowmobiles.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I only drove mine 1 mile down the road and you can tell 1st gear is lower. I drive my friends 2017 yxz at the ice races quit a bit. It was time for my own. Waiting for the turbo to show up and then it should be a beast on the trail and track. I really like the improvements they did on the 2019, Yamaha has always been good for make improvements from year to year on there stuff even snowmobiles.
We’ve owned a lot of sleds and I won’t buy anything but Yamaha. I didn’t care about lightest fastest,it was about getting home every time.

I

Ice

Oct 7, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We’ve owned a lot of sleds and I won’t buy anything but Yamaha. I didn’t care about lightest fastest,it was about getting home every time.
Same here I went through 3 ski doos all blown engines and i said I wont give them my money any more, went to Yamaha and never looked back. I did like my pioneer but I cant have both.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!