P500 Buying a used Pioneer ?

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
To the original question, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used machine without warranty. If it's in good condition then I wouldn't worry about it. I've had 3 Honda ATVs and just bought a used 500. Never had an issue with the ATVs and I'm comfortable with the 500 without having history with it.

From my experience with ATVs they survive just about anything. You're going to scuff them up, but they are ATV/UTVs and will get scuffed up but unless you really ram them into a tree or something they are designed to take a lickin and keep on tickin. The platform is solid.

My 2 pennies.

Reactions: futzin
ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Bought my 2017 with 170 miles on it. Other than routine maintenance it's needed nothing. Turned over 5000 miles a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: futzin
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
My .02 on a snorkel is that you NEED one due to the poor location choice of the stock inlet. My air filter looked horrible after a day on gravel roads so I raised it. Not all modifications are for abuse.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!