Buying my first sxs, help?

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Oh, I forgot, definitely spend the extra what ever it turns out to be and get the Live Valve. It's coming out on the 2021 R, I really wanted it but was not available. I plan to add it to mine when it's available.

I have tried the Dynamix that is available in Polaris RZRs and it is amazing. Smoothes the ride, provides extra control and almost eliminates body roll. I know game changer is over used, but it really is.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from WNC, I chose the pioneer 1000-5 because I wanted to ride trails, hit mud holes , ect.
I also wanted to do utility stuff haul dirt, wood, leaves big cooler full of adult beverages what ever.
I can also flip up the seats and haul people (if I like them). I can pull my other stuff around with it, so for me that buggy fits all I want to do with it. And now with the help of the good folks on this site I'm learning what to do with the "extra" money I have.👌 Good luck with your decision send pics.

G

Gswanson89

Mar 26, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the input everyone! I was leaning talon already, but now I'm definitely going that route! So my next question, since the length is listed at 124", will they fit on a 12' trailer or do I have to jump to 14'?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mine on a 14'er, sitting here at 250 pound tongue weight. I'm glad I didn't go with a smaller trailer.

I mh7DwWD XL

G

Gswanson89

Mar 26, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Oh, I forgot, definitely spend the extra what ever it turns out to be and get the Live Valve. It's coming out on the 2021 R, I really wanted it but was not available. I plan to add it to mine when it's available.

I have tried the Dynamix that is available in Polaris RZRs and it is amazing. Smoothes the ride, provides extra control and almost eliminates body roll. I know game changer is over used, but it really is.
Think they'll add a turbo version sooner or later? I'm not ready to cross the $20k mark yet, I'm looking at some 2019 leftovers on sale. Maybe on the next one!

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club!
Forget the Talons! Get a nice P1000. Lots of bed space to haul supplies for trail side picnics etc. preferably a white one or maybe bright yellow or blue. 😃

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like my p1K5 for the little chores I can do with it. It’s way better suited for over-landing/camping trips. And I like building things up. Half of the fun I have with my Pioneer is working on it. Making it more than what it was supposed to be. You could do that with anything I guess, there’s just something unique and special about the Pioneer to me. Welcome to the club BTW!

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like my p1K5 for the little chores I can do with it. It’s way better suited for over-landing/camping trips. And I like building things up. Half of the fun I have with my Pioneer is working on it. Making it more than what it was supposed to be. You could do that with anything I guess, there’s just something unique and special about the Pioneer to me. Welcome to the club BTW!

Same here;)

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, i have to constantly convince myself I don’t need a Talon like right now. But still glad I got the Pioneer first.

Reactions: Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, i have to constantly convince myself I don’t need a Talon like right now. But still glad I got the Pioneer first.

Yeah when I first saw a Talon I thought I had to have one but came back to my senses:) I use my pioneer hauling hay and feed all the time but trail ride just as much so it fits me perfect;)

Last edited:
P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
I love the versatility and proven reliability of my 2018 P700-4. I’d love a P1000 but it’s a little too wide to go where I go in the woods and doesn’t have the smaller turn radius.
.... and cheaper.
Good Luck.... and Welcome aboard

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!