P1000m3 California Model Differences?

OakTown

OakTown

May 19, 2020
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anyone truly confirm that the hardware for the rear suspension is truly different for the Kali models (and mine doesn't lean left ;)). I only ask because I'm in the equipment rental business, and we get all kinds of things "de-rated" on paper to work around some of the f'd up laws we deal with out here, but the actual machines, and trailers specifically (axles & leaf springs) are identical to whats sold outside of the state. If they are truly different,can someone direct me to a link for an upgrade. Thanks in advance

O

Otter

Aug 8, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can anyone truly confirm that the hardware for the rear suspension is truly different for the Kali models (and mine doesn't lean left ;)). I only ask because I'm in the equipment rental business, and we get all kinds of things "de-rated" on paper to work around some of the f'd up laws we deal with out here, but the actual machines, and trailers specifically (axles & leaf springs) are identical to whats sold outside of the state. If they are truly different,can someone direct me to a link for an upgrade. Thanks in advance
I’m curious about this also, my Cali version rides like a dream, but I’m not 100% sure the shocks are softer than the regular shocks...and how did a Cali get sold in Louisiana? Cher!

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I've been curious too and just compared springs to a 2020 model and front and rear springs are substantially softer on mine. I had no idea I even had a California model before. I've just been researching because the amount of body roll I get is excessive.
Turns out after comparing that the springs are 100% different front and rear. I hate this because honestly on paved road it's even uncomfortable with the extra sway. Front and rear springs on mine have zero extra compression at the top of the spring. Equal amounts of spread between each coil all the way to the top.

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!