P1000 Camber question with SuperATV arms

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hi everyone - I got my superatv arms (sending the HL ones back). I'm installing them tonight and I wanted to know what everyone is doing for camber. The stock arms appear to be a 0 (straight vertically), but super ATV recommends a -1. What is everyone doing and is there a quick way to get the setting dialed (I'm not running a lift)?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hi everyone - I got my superatv arms (sending the HL ones back). I'm installing them tonight and I wanted to know what everyone is doing for camber. The stock arms appear to be a 0 (straight vertically), but super ATV recommends a -1. What is everyone doing and is there a quick way to get the setting dialed (I'm not running a lift)?
@Windrock1000 did you have measurements without lift?

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heres what Windrock gave me when i did mine.
Downloadfile 10

Downloadfile 5

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Check your current camber at ride height and see if you want to adjust it any. Put an angle finder on the hub at full droop with stock parts and record that. When you get the new arms on, you can use the stock angle at droop to set the new arms up. As long as the ride height doesn't change it should be the same as stock at ride height. If you know you need to adjust it from stock, all you have to do is add those degrees to it when drooped. I would shoot for -1 or 0.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And you know this how?

Well someone reads my posts. I just ordered factory rear hub bushings- worn heavyly. I got a front a-arm bushing rebuilt kit in last week. My Sunday rides have egged the front upper a-arm bolt holes about a 1/8”. Time to improve Honda price point engineering again.

J

JTW

Well someone reads my posts. I just ordered factory rear hub bushings- worn heavyly. I got a front a-arm bushing rebuilt kit in last week. My Sunday rides have egged the front upper a-arm bolt holes about a 1/8”. Time to improve Honda price point engineering again.
Do you think the spacers caused the excessive hub wear?

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you think the spacers caused the excessive hub wear?

You could not ever rule it out. It’s not the hub with wear. It’s the plastic bushings the the bolts go thru. I believe dirt is the main thing. Big tires, lift, spacers I’m sure put more force on stuff. Maybe the 2900 miles on some of the roughtest terrain on the east coast helps too.

O

old guy

Jul 13, 2022
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i believe question was camber setting yet instructions were for caster. not the same thing!

Reactions: Smitty335
Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!