Camo peeling ?!?!

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Just noticed the top layer of whatever is peeling on my camo. I wondered if any of you guys have had this problem ? My buggy is in a shed 85% of the time. Nothing has touched my hood except water twice to rinse it off and that was low pressure out of a hose.

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
My Rubi did that.Is why I will never get another camo again.Looked as if I sprayed it with Clearcoat. I sorry to say but it will only get worse.Hondas paint and Camo graphics are :mad::mad::mad:
At first when it started I used clear nail polish and sprayed some spots with clear spray paint which looked good for a year then it turned faded yellowish.
I garentee there are others this has happened to as well

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
My Rubi did that.Is why I will never get another camo again.Looked as if I sprayed it with Clearcoat. I sorry to say but it will only get worse.Hondas paint and Camo graphics are :mad::mad::mad:
At first when it started I used clear nail polish and sprayed some spots with clear spray paint which looked good for a year then it turned faded yellowish.
I garentee there are others this has happened to as well

Thanks for the info swsebek! :) It looks like i paid alot of extra money for junk. There are several other areas that are peeling also and I'm sure you're 100% right about it getting worse. More than likely eventually I'll replace them. When i do i will go green- honda once again will profit from that so that's irritating.

C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought my Pioneer 1000 on 9/1/16. I noticed it peeling about July of this year. My warranty was still in effect and I also have the extended coverage. I took mine to a Honda dealer (not the one I bought it from) and they filed a claim for me. Originally they denied coverage because it was considered cosmetic. I pitched a b****ing fit and called the dealer and Honda's customer service number that is listed in the owners manual. The head of the product division overrode the original determination and Honda agreed to replace all the panels for free. I payed $800.00 for the camo pattern originally. I guess they got tired of hearing a redneck hillbilly complaining about their products.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought my Pioneer 1000 on 9/1/16. I noticed it peeling about July of this year. My warranty was still in effect and I also have the extended coverage. I took mine to a Honda dealer (not the one I bought it from) and they filed a claim for me. Originally they denied coverage because it was considered cosmetic. I pitched a b****ing fit and called the dealer and Honda's customer service number that is listed in the owners manual. The head of the product division overrode the original determination and Honda agreed to replace all the panels for free. I payed $800.00 for the camo pattern originally. I guess they got tired of hearing a redneck hillbilly complaining about their products.
So the camo is a wrap? What color is it undeneith, Red?

Reactions: sharp
C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Smitty335, mine is kinda a light gray to an off color white underneath of the camo.

C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Must have wrapped the defective colors, HA!
The camo seems like it is spread awfully thin. A heavier coating would probably not dry out and crack around the edges like mine did.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The camo seems like it is spread awfully thin. A heavier coating would probably not dry out and crack around the edges like mine did.
Boy Creative UTV Graphics has some nice stuff, he's a member and stands behind his products. He makes custom graphics as well. Walter is a great guy! Been riding with him twice.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Im glad you got satisfaction Chet !!!:)
My warranty has expired and i didnt get the extended one. Figured i wouldn't need it because my 1999 300 fourtrax has been a fabulous machine... I guess this isnt 1999 anymore. Ha

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My warranty has expired and i didnt get the extended one. Figured i wouldn't need it because my 1999 300 fourtrax has been a fabulous machine... I guess this isnt 1999 anymore. Ha
What color is yours underneath the wrap? Walter does some really neat stuff, so if you get tired of looking at your P5 give Walter a call. If I remember right, he will do a P1 complete wrap for $750.00. P5 should be a lot less.Or you can go to Harbor Freight and guy a heat gun and take it off.

Reactions: sharp and Miss_Oak
C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda should stand behind their products. If they are not going to stand behind their camo pattern, then it should not cost anymore than a solid colored one. I would contact customer service anyway, you never know, they may address the issue.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Honda should stand behind their products. If they are not going to stand behind their camo pattern, then it should not cost anymore than a solid colored one. I would contact customer service anyway, you never know, they may address the issue.
I agree Chet. I will be getting ahold of them...
Thanks for your info and input !! :)