P700 Can I be done?!? (Tire/Wheel Question)

J

jcampbell1130

Jul 10, 2021
NW Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Purchased a used P700-4, and it could use new tires/wheels. This search process has exhausted me!!! I am sure I am overthinking it. Anything glaringly wrong with this package:

ITP Mud Lite II
26x9-12 and 26x11-12

ITP SS212 -OR- Tusk Beartooth Wheels

I'm in NW Arkansas. There are hills, rocks, dirt, and mud. Kind of a little of everything here. I am not a mud bogger, but I also don't like getting stuck. Mostly a casual trail rider and hunter. I avoid deep holes if there is an alternative.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Purchased a used P700-4, and it could use new tires/wheels. This search process has exhausted me!!! I am sure I am overthinking it. Anything glaringly wrong with this package:

ITP Mud Lite II
26x9-12 and 26x11-12

I'm in NW Arkansas. There are hills, rocks, dirt, and mud. Kind of a little of everything here. I am not a mud bogger, but I also don't like getting stuck. Mostly a casual trail rider and hunter. I avoid deep holes if there is an alternative.
Can easily be done dude - ive got 27s on the 520. Those beartooths look pretty sweet

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome to the ragtag group of Honda pioneer riders & owners .
From Upstate N.Y.

Had-- ITP XL II's -- on 2017 P500 -- "BUT" !!!
RADIAL ( 6ply, minimum ) is the Way To-GO -- MUCH BETTER RIDE.
Will not regret the extra $$ spent on Radials -- it is just the BEGINNING -- of the $$$ you will, spend on the Must Haves you will find.

ITP - XTR's 27's on ITP 4X3 offset Aluminum Wheels -- Work just fine on Honda P500 & P700 with out any modification.
ITP Mud Lite II
26x9-12 and 26x11-12

ITP SS212 -OR- Tusk Beartooth

There are hills, rocks, dirt, and mud. Kind of a little of everything here. I am not a mud bogger, but I also don't like getting stuck. Mostly a casual trail rider and hunter. I avoid deep holes if there is an alternative.
Have used XTR 27's on -- RED 2014 P700-4 & now RED 2018 P500 in the Adirondack Mts. in Upstate N.Y. ) simular to the riding you describe.
BEAR CLAW -HTR's 26's (Nice lite weight 8ply tire ) had these on RED 2015 P500
The List Goes on.
Just to name a couple that would suit your riding styles & requirements.

RED was the 1st color - all other colors followed - Honda hopes they

Last edited:
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

ITP Mud Lite II
26x9-12 and 26x11-12

Sounds like a fine setup.

Also please know that photos are a prerequisite to posts such as this, or any other posts for that matter 👀👀👀
Welcome to the forums from far SW Indiana!

J

jcampbell1130

Jul 10, 2021
NW Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
AE4C9461 A835 4740 B8B1 66E5B5732298

Picture as requested/required. 😃 Daughter behind the wheel visiting a ORV park in central Arkansas.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Born in Albion, MI but been in Arkansas most of my life. Still have family in and around Marshall and Cold Water.
Nice! I almost played college baseball at Albion. Nice area.

Reactions: jcampbell1130
J

jcampbell1130

Jul 10, 2021
NW Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
For better or worse, I changed my mind, coughed up some more coin, and purchased Tusk Terrabite tires and Beartooth wheels. I'll post pics once they arrive and are mounted. After looking at the majority of my riding terrain, I starting thinking this is a better match.

Here's hoping I made the right choice. Either way, I am glad to be done. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!