Car seat in 700 4

C

Charliesky

Mar 25, 2018
Palm Harbor, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I’ve seen just a few threads pertaining to car seats, but both seem to be for the 1000. We just bought a 2017 700 4 and I’m wondering how to secure a forward facing car seat for my 2yo. in the back seat. I wish Honda had a bump seat like the Polaris RZR or Cam Am have available. Any advice?

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
My boy rode in one at 4 months old with my wife at his side. Now he has a booster seat at 4 1/2.
Need to make sure the youngest have they're little necks restricted from whipping back and forth and drive with common sense.2 year olds have strong necks and need to go riding too.
I also drilled two extra holes in his car seat and used a separate strap and 2 bungees to make sure that seat did not move...
And welcome from Pa

C

Charliesky

Mar 25, 2018
Palm Harbor, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
My boy rode in one at 4 months old with my wife at his side. Now he has a booster seat at 4 1/2.
Need to make sure the youngest have they're little necks restricted from whipping back and forth and drive with common sense.2 year olds have strong necks and need to go riding too.
I also drilled two extra holes in his car seat and used a separate strap and 2 bungees to make sure that seat did not move...
And welcome from Pa
Thank you! Yeah, I’m trying to determine what car seat to put in there. I was going to buy a relatively inexpensive one to keep just for the SxS. Looking at the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1 so I can get my money’s worth out of it. If you don’t mind... what kind of car seat did you use and where did you drill holes on the car seat (the back or base)?

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I drill 2--1/2"holes about middle to fit hooks on a ratchet strap and pulled it tight around rear seat.
I used the sxs seat belt like normal and the ratchet strap kept it tight.I will see if I have any pics....

C

Charliesky

Mar 25, 2018
Palm Harbor, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
I drill 2--1/2"holes about middle to fit hooks on a ratchet strap and pulled it tight around rear seat.
I used the sxs seat belt like normal and the ratchet strap kept it tight.I will see if I have any pics....
Perfect. I assume the sxs seatbelts don’t lock like a car’s and that’s why you used the ratchet straps? Did you post pics to the other thread? I think I saw them, but wasn’t super clear on where you hooked in the straps.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Perfect. I assume the sxs seatbelts don’t lock like a car’s and that’s why you used the ratchet straps? Did you post pics to the other thread? I think I saw them, but wasn’t super clear on where you hooked in the straps.
Yes they lock just fine for a car... but a SXS will jerk around more, and the terrain is different... and I just wanted to be safe. My mother and my family were just waiting for something to happen. So with them worry warts I made sure my little Crumb Snatcher was safe. And you can't leave mom at home with the kid... I used and infant carrier first with detachable base first 2 years and when I felt he was ready I bought and upright one....
Just take it slow and you will be fine

Reactions: Sgt_Dubie
C

Charliesky

Mar 25, 2018
Palm Harbor, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes they lock just fine for a car... but a SXS will jerk around more, and the terrain is different... and I just wanted to be safe. My mother and my family were just waiting for something to happen. So with them worry warts I made sure my little Crumb Snatcher was safe. And you can't leave mom at home with the kid... I used and infant carrier first with detachable base first 2 years and when I felt he was ready I bought and upright one....
Oh I know you can’t leave mom at home with the baby... I am mom. And there’s no way in hell I’m missing any more hunting seasons. Leaned my lesson from our oldest. Thanks for all the info!! It’s good to know they lock. It looks like from the other pics you drilled the holes in the sides and hooked the strap there. Am I correct?

Reactions: lee and swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4087
My wife is looking for a pic of our seat we had. But this is close. The pink spot is where I drilled hole low to keep it tight to seat... up top I used to bungees without hooks. I took off the hooks and used parachute cord.I took the hooks off in case the strap came loose it wouldn't swat my boy or mom... it was major over kill.

C

Charliesky

Mar 25, 2018
Palm Harbor, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oh I know you can’t leave mom at home with the baby... I am mom. And there’s no way in hell I’m missing any more hunting seasons. Leaned my lesson from our oldest.
View attachment 70090 My wife is looking for a pic of our seat we had. But this is close. The pink spot is where I drilled hole low to keep it tight to seat... up top I used to bungees without hooks. I took off the hooks and used parachute cord.I took the hooks off in case the strap came loose it wouldn't swat my boy or mom... it was major over kill.
lol. Better safe than sorry.

Budman

Budman

Feb 12, 2018
Maple Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do your little one a solid and stick him/ her in the front seat beside you, better seat belt and better seat, also the rear seats sit over the shocks at the back. Yes I know your not going to be thrashing with the little one on board but, it's a better and softer ride up front. No matter who I'm riding with the little man always gets shotgun.
The car seat feels more secure in the front seat of the pioneer then it does in the back of my truck.
Also the little one gets the full experience being up front
Just my 2 cents for what it's worth, good luck, happy riding!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!