Carmack predicts- P1K Speed limited to.... <tear> <pffft>...

What speed will the P1K factory speed limiter kick in?

• Total voters
M

Mojeeper

Mar 30, 2014
Anything less than 60 would be a kick in the nads...

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am a throttle junkie and too dumb to know when to slow down. bad things happen!

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I would expect 60 none of the others have speed limiters they have rev limiters. the 700 is at red line at 45 mph. I have been told buy a very reliable sores the 500 will go much faster with the 700 diff gears.

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
I'm not a speed demon either...but its nice to be able to have the power to go sideways down the trail for a 1/4 mile if needed. LOL.....Hondas big issue for many buyers was always power....I hope with all the hype.....and much awaited anticipation Honda gives the consumer the power we want and not limit the engine to badly.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm not a speed demon either...but its nice to be able to have the power to go sideways down the trail for a 1/4 mile if needed. LOL.....Hondas big issue for many buyers was always power....I hope with all the hype.....and much awaited anticipation Honda gives the consumer the power we want and not limit the engine to badly.

Well with 999cc and Turf Mode (one wheel drive) surely it can satisfy that fetish. :rolleyes:

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
I was told this morning, that a honda rep claimed a limited top speed of 62mph. more than my guess was, we shall see!!

That works, so far they are avoiding some of the pitfalls of their previous SXS's, nice to see.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When picking up my P500 earlier today the Salesman whom I've purchased over a dozen Honda ATV's from previously said in the training videos shown this week the P1000 has a top speed set at 63 MPH. I'll be happy with that.

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
When picking up my P500 earlier today the Salesman whom I've purchased over a dozen Honda ATV's from previously said in the training videos shown this week the P1000 has a top speed set at 63 MPH. I'll be happy with that.
That was my top speed on my old rzr s. That's gonna be awesome to have a machine that is so usefull and runs that fast.

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do we know the torque numbers yet? Especially compared to the ranger 900? I'll be happy with around 62 mph top speed.

advertisement
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda reps I spoke with this weekend at the MotoGP World Championship in Indy said top speed is 60. Honda had their entire line-up of street/dirt bikes, ATV's SxS's cars etc.. Just no P1K.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!