Caveat emptor: Partzilla.com (at least right now)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Placed a ~$700 order with them a week ago. Product pages indicated, "Ships in 2 to 3 days" (both items).

Contacted them after 3 days. Claimed their "system is down" (and had been) and they "can't place the order with Honda (drop ship?) for me", but are working on getting their system back up.

Funny, their system that charged my credit card ~$700 worked just fine a week ago.

Also, the product pages for what I ordered magically changed from "Ships in 2 to 3 days" to "Ships in 7 to 10 days" (both items).

Gave them the benefit if the doubt anyway.

Reached back out to them today (tomorrow makes 1 week since my order). They claim their systems are still down ... nearly a week later.

"One of the largest distributors of powersports and outboard parts in the world ... " (his brag/claim) can take your money but can't order your parts and have them shipped to you.

I asked him about their business continuity plan. Crickets.

Buyer beware ... at least until they get their "systems fixed".

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. Not sure what there issue is. But was told it would be up early next week.
I have several orders pending.

What part was you looking for?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TxDoc and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Ya. Not sure what there issue is. But was told it would be up early next week.
I have several orders pending.

What part was you looking for?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
OEM fabric front doors in Camo and OEM soft mid panel.

I'm not in a rush, but they shouldn't keep taking orders if they can't order/deliver. All their customers are giving them insterest free loans.

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
OEM fabric front doors in Camo and OEM soft mid panel.

I'm not in a rush, but they shouldn't keep taking orders if they can't order/deliver. All their customers are giving them insterest free loans.
Bike Bandit was doing the same thing while going bankrupt and kept the money when they folded. :mad: It's been a few years and I never heard if anyone got their money back.

Reactions: TxDoc and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Bike Bandit was doing the same thing while going bankrupt and kept the money when they folded. :mad: It's been a few years and I never heard if anyone got their money back.
Yea, I remember that vividly. They kept their website up and accepting orders AFTER they filed for bankruptcy.

Those who lost money waited longer than 60 days to file the dispute with their CC company/bank.

Reactions: TxDoc and CID
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Order finally updated from 'Processing' to 'Preparing Order' today. We shall see.

Reactions: Remington and CID
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Now it shows the mid-panel "in stock", while the doors aren't going to be "available" until 25 OCT 2023.

I assume that means they have the mid-panel there (no idea if they will ship it by itself), but that it will be at LEAST two weeks between the day I ordered and the day they MIGHT be able to ship it.

So much for "Ships in 2 to 3 days".

H

HondaTech

Now it shows the mid-panel "in stock", while the doors aren't going to be "available" until 25 OCT 2023.

I assume that means they have the mid-panel there (no idea if they will ship it by itself), but that it will be at LEAST two weeks between the day I ordered and the day they MIGHT be able to ship it.

So much for "Ships in 2 to 3 days".

They are just like us.
We dont know eta until we order something, unless we manually run it through parts information to find out and that can change during the day even.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
They are just like us.
We dont know eta until we order something, unless we manually run it through parts information to find out and that can change during the day even.
If they don't know, then they shouldn't put "Ships in 2 to 3 days" on the product listings.

H

HondaTech

If they don't know, then they shouldn't put "Ships in 2 to 3 days" on the product listings.

For the most part that statement is true, but they won't know for sure until they try ans order it.

Their just another dealership like us selling parts, it's the same process.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Well, looks like Partzilla.com is getting the big FU from me from now on. What a bunch of shysters.

I ordered the soft fabric front doors and the soft mid panel for the P1K5.

To summarize, their "2 to 3 days to ship" turned into 2 to 3 weeks.

I dealt with that. Systems go down, stuff happens, etc. I get it.

Then things went all to hell.

I ordered and paid for my items IN FULL 2+ weeks ago. Shipping was listed as included in the price. There was no mention of any additional shipping charges.

The soft mid panel was actually shipped to me two days ago. It just arrived @ home today.

The fabric doors arrived @ Partzilla (GA) two days ago, but they haven't shipped them yet, so I contacted them.

They told me, "We sent you an email" (which I did not receive).

"There are additional shipping charges due to the size."

Wait, what? No, I paid for my order in full two weeks ago.

"How much are these additional shipping charges?", I ask.

ALMOST $300 !!!

WTF?

IIRC, the box these fabric doors and frames come is maybe 3' x 3' x 6". Like a thick, giant pizza box.

Almost $300 shipping for doors that cost $460?

Nope. No thanks. I never would have ordered this from Partzilla.com if they were $760 total. I can get them for much less at half a dozen other places (including shipping).

If shipping for a $460 item is going to be $300, it might be a good idea to tell the customer WHEN he's ordering it, not 2+ weeks later when it finally shows up to be shipped to the customer -- who has already paid for the order.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
I'm not a fan either. When I was looking for a replacement air box, they were the only site that somehow had one. Even during the checkout process it said ships in 2-3 days. I couldn't believe it, so I called them before the final steps of placing my order. That's when they told me it was on indefinite back order just like everywhere else. I could still order it and it would ship when it became available. I didn't go that route.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not a fan either. When I was looking for a replacement air box, they were the only site that somehow had one. Even during the checkout process it said ships in 2-3 days. I couldn't believe it, so I called them before the final steps of placing my order. That's when they told me it was on indefinite back order just like everywhere else. I could still order it and it would ship when it became available. I didn't go that route.
Their website said the same thing when I was looking for a prop shaft for my rincon. I ordered from a dealer that actually had it on the shelf

Reactions: NEfarm_ranch
H

HondaTech

Well, looks like Partzilla.com is getting the big FU from me from now on. What a bunch of shysters.

I ordered the soft fabric front doors and the soft mid panel for the P1K5.

To summarize, their "2 to 3 days to ship" turned into 2 to 3 weeks.

I dealt with that. Systems go down, stuff happens, etc. I get it.

Then things went all to hell.

I ordered and paid for my items IN FULL 2+ weeks ago. Shipping was listed as included in the price. There was no mention of any additional shipping charges.

The soft mid panel was actually shipped to me two days ago. It just arrived @ home today.

The fabric doors arrived @ Partzilla (GA) two days ago, but they haven't shipped them yet, so I contacted them.

They told me, "We sent you an email" (which I did not receive).

"There are additional shipping charges due to the size."

Wait, what? No, I paid for my order in full two weeks ago.

"How much are these additional shipping charges?", I ask.

ALMOST $300 !!!

WTF?

IIRC, the box these fabric doors and frames come is maybe 3' x 3' x 6". Like a thick, giant pizza box.

Almost $300 shipping for doors that cost $460?

Nope. No thanks. I never would have ordered this from Partzilla.com if they were $760 total. I can get them for much less at half a dozen other places (including shipping).

If shipping for a $460 item is going to be $300, it might be a good idea to tell the customer WHEN he's ordering it, not 2+ weeks later when it finally shows up to be shipped to the customer -- who has already paid for the order.

Buy from your local dealer next time and save some money🤟🏻

Reactions: Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Buy from your local dealer next time and save some money🤟🏻
I've tried in the past, but dealers "local" to me are a55holes.

Had I agreed to pay Partzilla's exorbitant shipping costs, I would have paid $918.29 for the Honda OEM fabric front door kit and the Honda OEM soft fabric mid-panel. Ridiculous.

I called up the dealer who I bought the Pioneer from 2 years ago (about 1h 10m away). For only $285.71 more, he is getting me the same Honda OEM fabric front door kit (in black, though) and the Honda OEM HARD mid-panel kit (not the soft fabric panel).

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I've bought small items (filters, gaskets, hardware, etc) from Partzilla a number ot times with no problem. Anything large or expensive I bought from Ron Ayers. They were always able to beat Partzilla in price on the larger stuff. I got my hard doors from my local dealer. He got them in four days. That was before I found out about Ron Ayers from TripleB.

Reactions: Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!