Child seat

O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
Does anyone know if an infant or toddler car seat will fit in the back seats of the P4? I haven't seen one in person yet and the seats look pretty narrow. Anyone fit one in there yet?

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
A booster seat fits easily. We haven't tried a carseat but I feel sure it will fit. We are planning on carseat with our one that's on the way

O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
Awesome... so you think the carseat will fit?

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Ill try our carseat today and let you know if fits

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you guys plan on doing this on the trail? or just around the yard?

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
The toddler car seat fits. Not sure about a baby seat. We have a 4 yr old that rides in a booster on trails and we just found out we are expecting again! And we plan to ride easy trails when it is around 2 in a car seat

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My wife would kill me.. Lol. But what she don't know want hurt her.
It's just as safe. Maybe safer then driving to town in the car these days!. I told her... Why U think I bought this thing.

O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
Did you ever find out about the child's car seat?

greenatv,
I would only take the kids out at low speeds. We have a huge riding group at the dunes that we go camping with quite a few times a year. There are about 20 of us. many of them are kids. The P4 would give me an opportunity to haul the kids around. The side nets and roll cage appear to be very safe. I also like how the seats in the back are protected on the sides by the doors.

O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
Just found out today that my wife is pregnant! Yay! So.... will P4 fit forward facing car seat in rear seats?

advertisement
D

deadoffall

Nov 16, 2013
any updates on this? really thinking about trading in the quads for one of these bad boys.. would love to be able to take my 2 year old on some rides

O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
I haven't heard yet. What someone should do is take their child seat to the dealer and see if it fits... I don't have a Honda dealer nearby, but when I'm shopping for a SXS I will take my car seat with me.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
I bought mine with intentions of putting a car seat in it, but haven't tried it as my 2 year old sits and wears the seatbelt. Granted I only drive around the yard slowly... I am quite sure a car seat will fit, haven't had reason to doubt it, but also haven't phsically put it in.

R

renedarling

Jan 21, 2014
You are right even I have not noticed such back seat, which can easily fit over the P4. Moreover the one you have referred sound to ugly and can even fail to cater the benefits, which a good quality and branded one may deliver to you. I have tried finding out the same and still in search, if anyone out here is able to find such option, kindly share the same. I would be truly obliged for this gesture. I am also in need for this kind of solution since long, hope I find this way through this forum.
And, I’m not expert but I guess http://www.carseatvs.com/find site helpful
official sites of the car seats
Safety 1st onSide air
http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/safety1st/convertible-car-seats/onside-air-trade%3B-convertible-car-seat---happenstance-cc041bvz
Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite
http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/safety1st/infant-car-seats/comfy-carry-elite-infant-car-seat---venetian-ic026bxp
Safety 1st onBoard 35
http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/safety1st/infant-car-seats/onboard-trade%3B35-infant-car-seat---graydon-ic086bxt

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
My grandson is 2yrs old . Lots room for car seat or more . I think he will drive next time.

M

mnhntr

Jan 27, 2014
I bought my 700-4 to take the family on the trail which includes a 2 yr old in his car seat and a 4 yr old in her booster which I tested and both fit.

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
How do you secure the child seat? There are no anchors in the pioneer.

M

mnhntr

Jan 27, 2014
The seat belt goes through the back of the Car seat just like in a vehicle that does not have hooks.

C

cpayne

Jan 5, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do your kids wear helmets too? Or do you feel the carseats and boosters are enough? We plan on taking it easy with the kids (4 & 6), but are more concerned with other riders out on the trails.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Talk about resurrecting an ancient thread. :) Not sure all these guys are still participating on this forum. You may want to repost this in the General Discussion forum of the home page where more members are likely to see it and be able to help you, and welcome to the forum, I hope you find it beneficial.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!