P500 Chooglin ain't gonna like this.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I got around to finishing my dual battery install today.I used the same battery as stock and wired it parallel by hooking to the positive and neg. terminals on the winch contactor.The cut off switch in the dash allows me to put it in-line at will to let it charge while running or when a second battery is needed.A Chooglin box is pretty much out now.What was I thinking.....

DSC01236
DSC01237

C

Chooglin

I got around to finishing my dual battery install today.I used the same battery as stock and wired it parallel by hooking to the positive and neg. terminals on the winch contactor.The cut off switch in the dash allows me to put it in-line at will to let it charge while running or when a second battery is needed.A Chooglin box is pretty much out now.What was I thinking.....

View attachment 85676 View attachment 85677
Well you're just gonna need to find a new spot for that battery........Looks good !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good idea, wonder if flipped in front of cross bar would fit for us with glove box. Big unused hole under hood.

C

Chooglin

Anyone else read the thread title and immediately think that some china manufacturer was knocking off his glove boxes?
Lol , that could very well happen. There is/was a guy on ebay selling a 3D printed version of a glove box ,very much like mine , without a lid. I am not to sure how well that would hold up to abuse though.

Reactions: lee
DKEngel

DKEngel

Aug 22, 2018
Saskatoon Sask Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Lol , that could very well happen. There is/was a guy on ebay selling a 3D printed version of a glove box ,very much like mine , without a lid. I am not to sure how well that would hold up to abuse though.

I would like to purchase one of your glove boxes. I am in Western Canada. How do I order?

Thanks

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I hear a lot of talk about using 3D printed stuff on a vehicle.
I have not seen any that impress me for strength/durability.
There are some 3D companies giving a high tensile strength for there material but that is for the raw plastic.
In the as printed state it's not so impressive.
Some day they will surprise me but I'm not holding my breath.

advertisement
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Could you share some info on the switch you used?
I have a 3d printer, made some center caps for the rims and plugs for the frame tubes in the back. Worked well for that. But you are correct, they would not stand up to impact abuse.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Could you share some info on the switch you used?
I have a 3d printer, made some center caps for the rims and plugs for the frame tubes in the back. Worked well for that. But you are correct, they would not stand up to impact abuse.
The switch is a battery disconnect switch from AutoZone.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 85676 View attachment 85677
Looks like you should have consulted Chooglin before you engineered that..:D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!