P500 Cinnamon & Engineer Pass (eastern Alpine loop)

Durangotang

Durangotang

Feb 24, 2018
Just outside Durango, CO
Latest reports state that the Alpine Loop between Lake City and Animas Forks is now open :D. Note that County Road 2 from Animas Forks down to Silverton is still blocked. So bring enough gas for the whole loop.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Latest reports state that the Alpine Loop between Lake City and Animas Forks is now open :D. Note that County Road 2 from Animas Forks down to Silverton is still blocked. So bring enough gas for the whole loop.
Thanks for the regular updates. You think that will still be the case come the first week of September? Or is it closed for something other than snow?

Durangotang

Durangotang

Feb 24, 2018
Just outside Durango, CO
I think many trails will be open by then. But remember, in the worst spots it's snow..... and trees.... and rocks.... and at least one place the remains of a cabin.

Silverton avalanche tourism 06 02 2019 7 1

I've got the P500 loaded up on the trailer and will be heading up there tomorrow.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think many trails will be open by then. But remember, in the worst spots it's snow..... and trees.... and rocks.... and at least one place the remains of a cabin.

View attachment 142208

I've got the P500 loaded up on the trailer and will be heading up there tomorrow.
Great, let us know what you discover!! :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!