P700 Circle snap ring on axle shaft ????

Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
I ripped outboard boot replaced it. Ripped it again. I guess I mangled the snap ring that hold the outboard race onto the axle. Then I lost it. Dropped it on my garage floor fell through the cracks. Not moving my garage lol. I can’t find this part anywhere. It’s not on the parts list. Does anyone know how to get a new snap ring or have ordered one. This is frustrating. Do I really have to buy the whole axle assembly for this 10 cent ring. The snap ring that comes in Honda boot kit is for the axle to set in the differential. Need some help here. Please. Even bought some Bulls*** Amazon snap ring kit. Doesn’t work to thick gauge. I put a pick of the parts diagram. It’s the ring that hold the outboard joint to the axle. Circled in red because I’m that pissed. Thanks in advance.

IMG 0717

• Sad
Reactions: CID and NTCPrezJB
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The outside joint isn't suppose to come apart, yout suppose to replace both boots by disassembling the inner joint to get the boot off.

Hence the reason the ring isn't listed in the parts diagrams anywhere.

I can't remember if the inner joint on the P700 is held on with a snap ring style clip or hog ring style clip like the one your probably looking for. I would bet #13 on the diagram you provided might be the same size.

Reactions: CID
Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
The outside joint isn't suppose to come apart, yout suppose to replace both boots by disassembling the inner joint to get the boot off.

Hence the reason the ring isn't listed in the parts diagrams anywhere.

I can't remember if the inner joint on the P700 is held on with a snap ring style clip or hog ring style clip like the one you’re probably looking for. I would bet #13 on the diagram you provided might be the same size.
It’s not 13 that’s the same style just large. number 13 is the one the holds the inboard bearing in the cup. In the service manual it’s not very detailed but it does say to replace that ring when you take the race of the shaft but doesn’t reference a part. I’m trying to keep the Honda axle. But not buy the whole drive shaft set.

Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
It’s not 13 that’s the same style just large. number 13 is the one the holds the inboard bearing in the cup. In the service manual it’s not very detailed but it does say to replace that ring when you take the race of the shaft but doesn’t reference a part. I’m trying to keep the Honda axle. But not buy the whole drive shaft set.
It’s not 13 that’s the same style just large. number 13 is the one the holds the inboard bearing in the cup. In the service manual it’s not very detailed but it does say to replace that ring when you take the race of the shaft but doesn’t reference a part. I’m trying to keep the Honda axle. But not buy the whole drive shaft set

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I ripped outboard boot replaced it. Ripped it again. I guess I mangled the snap ring that hold the outboard race onto the axle. Then I lost it. Dropped it on my garage floor fell through the cracks. Not moving my garage lol. I can’t find this part anywhere. It’s not on the parts list. Does anyone know how to get a new snap ring or have ordered one. This is frustrating. Do I really have to buy the whole axle assembly for this 10 cent ring. The snap ring that comes in Honda boot kit is for the axle to set in the differential. Need some help here. Please. Even bought some Bulls*** Amazon snap ring kit. Doesn’t work to thick gauge. I put a pick of the parts diagram. It’s the ring that hold the outboard joint to the axle. Circled in red because I’m that pissed. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 447663
I have no clue what your garage floor looks like to swallow a snap ring - but boy I’d be fishing with a magnet and hoping to get a bite.

Good luck!!!

Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Dammit. I think you’re right as usual @Hello_Darkness , That sucks. I just spoke to a dealership and the service guy told me the same thing. He said you can take the outer race off but if the clip get damaged your screwed. The service manual. Just talks about the the inboard then kind of glazes over it then just shows the correct assembly. I guess I’m ordering the whole shaft. There’s a post on here that I followed but he didn’t mess up the clip. What do you think no clip just rock out naked. lol JK

• Sad
Reactions: CID
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dammit. I think you’re right as usual @Hello_Darkness , That sucks. I just spoke to a dealership and the service guy told me the same thing. He said you can take the outer race off but if the clip get damaged your screwed. The service manual. Just talks about the the inboard then kind of glazes over it then just shows the correct assembly. I guess I’m ordering the whole shaft. There’s a post on here that I followed but he didn’t mess up the clip. What do you think no clip just rock out naked. lol JK
Eh…worst case you’re out an axle, right? Not much difference to your present situation if that’s the case.

Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
It’s rough cut 2x6 planks. There’s some cracks in between each other. lol. I could get under there but some copperheads decided to claim it. EFF that I’ll spend the $200 on the axle

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!