P700 NEW CV AXLES

J

JIMVJ

Jun 13, 2023
FLORIDA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I HAVE A LOUD CLUNK NOISE AS I SHIFT THE UNIT INTO DRIVE . LEFT REAR I THINK IT MAY BE THE CV AXLE. WHAT BRAND DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND AND HOW ABOUT THE BEARINGS TO BE REPLACED?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CV axles don't typically make noise while stationary. If the wheel isn't rotating, the CV axle isn't being moved to click/clank/clunk.
Superatv axles thru @Hondasxs are a common replacement.

Bearings are a bit more work, how comfortable are you in automotive repair?
Depending on age of the SXS, you may need a shop press to remove the old bearing.
If you remove the upright/knuckle and have issues, and competent auto shop will be able to remove them.

J

JIMVJ

Jun 13, 2023
FLORIDA
Ownership

1. 700-2
CV axles don't typically make noise while stationary. If the wheel isn't rotating, the CV axle isn't being moved to click/clank/clunk.
Superatv axles thru @Hondasxs are a common replacement.

Bearings are a bit more work, how comfortable are you in automotive repair?
Depending on age of the SXS, you may need a shop press to remove the old bearing.
If you remove the upright/knuckle and have issues, and competent auto shop will be able to remove them.
THE UNIT MAKES A CLUNK AS I PUT IT IN GEAR. IM NOT SURE AS TO WHAT IT IS. I MAY HAVE TO BRING IT IN AGAIN FOR THIS.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!