P700 Constant CV boot tearing

L

lawrence

Jan 17, 2019
virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I’m on my third set of front boots tearing. I have front guards installed but to be honest none of products out there seem to really protect them.

I’m driving on farms and through trails in woods. No rock crawling. Just wondering if I’m alone in this recurring problem or if there is some other solution out there. Stick Stoppers don’t look any different than what I have on mine right now.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I’m on my third set of front boots tearing. I have front guards installed but to be honest none of products out there seem to really protect them.

I’m driving on farms and through trails in woods. No rock crawling. Just wondering if I’m alone in this recurring problem or if there is some other solution out there. Stick Stoppers don’t look any different than what I have on mine right now.
Stick stoppers would be way beyond the point of protecting your boots. Do you have any pics of these "guards"?.... I'd day try taking them off and see how the boots hold up. Most times the guards hold onto more shít and cause more damage then if left alone......my 2 cents

L

lawrence

Jan 17, 2019
virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
Stick stoppers would be way beyond the point of protecting your boots. Do you have any pics of these "guards"?.... I'd day try taking them off and see how the boots hold up. Most times the guards hold onto more shít and cause more damage then if left alone......my 2 cents
I’ll take pics and post. Open to any opinions and down to try something new. I didn’t realize the boot was torn this time and now the joint is clicking so I’m just replacing the whole thing. Maybe overkill but I don’t have all the time to try to fix a busted joint.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do. And actually haven’t been riding through mud. Usually it’s cut corn fields and fallen tree tops that seem to do me in.
random corn stalks can certainly be just as unforgiving as a stick. And obviously the fallen trees have plenty of sticks in them as well. If that is status quo riding for you I’d be reinforcing the floorboards to protect the occupants too. We’ve seen pics of sticks coming through them every now and then.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’ll take pics and post. Open to any opinions and down to try something new. I didn’t realize the boot was torn this time and now the joint is clicking so I’m just replacing the whole thing. Maybe overkill but I don’t have all the time to try to fix a busted joint.
If you're buying new axels I'd suggest going with the Rhino 2.0's 👍 good stuff

H

HondaTech

If the guards don't have enough coverage, I'd be fabbing up some extensions and pop riveting them on to the existing guards.

Careful adding anything on, larger boot guards have been known to cause brake caliper interference

Reactions: Buggyman
L

lawrence

Jan 17, 2019
virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
I guess stick stoppers would do more. These are really control arm protection. It’s always the boot on the wheel that tears.

18A6CFD4 7ADB 40A8 8E5A 928B009A34C8 C61C5939 EF99 48D1 A803 0DDFA741CB93

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!