P700 Cleaning windhield

G

Gizzy_44

Feb 1, 2021
Duhamel, Quebec
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi
just wondering how you keep your plastic /plexiglass windshield clean after a muddy ride? What to use besides a presure washer or even late fall how to remove frost on top of mud and sand?

can you use RainX or Aquapel to make rain bead up and roll off windshield even if not glass?

Reactions: TimG
R

rickoshea

on the trail,a squirt bottle with water and a few drops of dish soap and a squeegee.no matter how you do it ,unless it's glass,you will eventually scratch it up.rainx for plastic only.as for frost?good luck:D.last winter i blasted thru a puddle and it instantly froze on my windshield.i had to drive back home with my head out the side like ace ventura.there's no practical way to scrape it off that i'm aware of without scratching the piss out of it.you're better off taking it off for the winter and using a full face helmet if it is normal for you to encounter those conditions..

Last edited:
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
We squirt ours with a garden hose the use a gentle cloth to dry, turtle wax the s*** out of it then buff it off and worry less.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimG
KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mirror Glaze is used for plastic aircraft windshields, should work just as well on our polycarbonate HC.

Reactions: livefromthetree

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!