BOX1

Clutch light and gear indicator flashing.

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
First event I've had with my all stock 2019 Talon X with a little over 200 miles on it. 10 minute casual ride in the yard with every thing normal. I cut it off and cranked it back up. Then the clutch light started flashing, gear indicator light flashing 1st, at/mt flashing and wouldn't shift out of first. ran it thru P R N H L no change. cut it on and off a couple more times and it still flashed. One more time off and cranked it back and it was back to normal. Shifted perfect in auto or manual up to 60 mph and back everything perfect and smooth. I did nothing in the yard ride any different than I've done dozens off times.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Was seat belts worn in during ride in yard ?

Reactions: CID
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check your chassis ground connection under the drivers seat. Weird things happens when a ground seeks a different path. Photo courtesy of @CID

I xjfxqp5 x2 jpg

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Was seat belts worn in during ride in yard ?
added harnesses so i run a seat belt bypass. everything suddenly went back to normal.

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
did it again yesterday. perfect when parked. 1st crank up clutch light flashing and stuck in 1st gear. parked till i can reach the dealer I guess.

• Sad
H

HondaTech

Check the battery cables, braindead setup guy probably didn't check them when he put it together.

Reactions: 1HasBeen
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The battery terminals on my 2020 Talon weren't very tight.

H

HondaTech

The battery terminals on my 2020 Talon weren't very tight.

The guys at the warehouse installing the battery don't give 2 f**ks about making sure there anyway tight.

I've had P1Ks come in with the cable literally just sitting on the terminal with a bolt through it. I don't know how in the world it even started.

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
every thing checks good. light still on for 2 more days. 1st gear indicator still flashing 5 long and 2 short flashes. it hasnt been moved since. 1st crank this morning no lights no flashing. quick ride around the yard before work everything normal again. Cant trust it? Help.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
every thing checks good. light still on for 2 more days. 1st gear indicator still flashing 5 long and 2 short flashes. it hasnt been moved since. 1st crank this morning no lights no flashing. quick ride around the yard before work everything normal again. Cant trust it? Help.
That is main code 52-X (the X part of the code cannot be displayed by indicator flashing). Luckily, there are only two 52-X codes and they are both about the Neutral Switch being stuck on or off. This causes your 1st gear only scenario as a failsafe

I would check all the connections on the Sub-Transmission. There have been others with the main connector (Engine Sub-Wire Harness in pic below) not all the way seated. Here is the diagnostics and repair procedure...

Neutral Switch is just under the little plate next to the TR Sensor...

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
thanks guys this will be my project for this weekend.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!