P1000 Clutch/shifting issues

I

Illegalintent96

Aug 22, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok guys I been all over this forum tried most everything I can think of but here it goes I've got a 2018 1000-3 I bought it used .....has shifted funny since I got it so I did clutches inner and outer will not accept the relearn no slipping at all but once it's warm it acts as if u just dumped the clutch in your pickup an also in-between shifts it hesitates and reves between shifts ....now if I hunker down on it it will.bang Evy gear so I pulled the clutch assembly apart found a ripped split washer so replaced all 4 took the basket off and replaced the o rings in there put all back together still no difference the batteries r good done the relearn several hundred times and it won't take the at/my is displayed on the dash as well someone please help it's driving me up the wall

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've got a 2018 1000-3 I bought it used
How many miles, swamped or other issues before or after u bought it. All questions that will be asked, Pics also of the rig would help as always.

Might not get an answer quickly but sounds like a question for @HondaTech

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok guys I been all over this forum tried most everything I can think of but here it goes I've got a 2018 1000-3 I bought it used .....has shifted funny since I got it so I did clutches inner and outer will not accept the relearn no slipping at all but once it's warm it acts as if u just dumped the clutch in your pickup an also in-between shifts it hesitates and reves between shifts ....now if I hunker down on it it will.bang Evy gear so I pulled the clutch assembly apart found a ripped split washer so replaced all 4 took the basket off and replaced the o rings in there put all back together still no difference the batteries r good done the relearn several hundred times and it won't take the at/my is displayed on the dash as well someone please help it's driving me up the wall
Welcome to the club

Sorry I can't help you on this but give it till the morning and I'm sure some of these guys will get you on track.
Like Remi said, post some details of your buggy and a few pics to go along 👍

Where abouts in Florida?

I

Illegalintent96

Aug 22, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's a 2018 on 27 in big horns has not been in water even when I first tore into it to do clutch there no sign of water or mud in the motor

Reactions: Buggyman
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You somehow have to get the relearn to take or I'm pretty sure the problems will persist.
Would hooking another battery in parallel to your main battery temporarily just for the clutch relearn process get it to take?

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Just for the record the motor has got to be up to operating temp before clutch relearn will take and all steps have to be done in a quick sequence ,time frame. I haven't done mine in awhile but when I did it took me a few tries to get it right before it took. Not sure if this will be of any help.

I

Illegalintent96

Aug 22, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm gonna try that now with the battery hooking cables to it but ya I've followed the instructions and videos multiple times and had others try too won't take I'll let u know if it takes in a min

H

HondaTech

You somehow have to get the relearn to take or I'm pretty sure the problems will persist.
Would hooking another battery in parallel to your main battery temporarily just for the clutch relearn process get it to take?

If the relearn won't take, the ecm sees and issue with oil pressure, a sensor, etc.

As long as the charging system is working, one battery should be enough.

Reactions: Buggyman and ODAMO
I

Illegalintent96

Aug 22, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is there any way to find out what it's doing I don't have any code on the dash as far as if it's a bad sensor or reading oil psi

H

HondaTech

Is there any way to find out what it's doing I don't have any code on the dash as far as if it's a bad sensor or reading oil psi

If there's no code currently flashing the ecm sees that the sensors are reading within its range.

The only way to read oil pressure at the clutch is with a MCS dealer level tool or I believe the PV3 can as well.

Does the oil light illuminate during the relearn?
Can you hear the solenoids engaging the clutches while the relearn is trying to complete?

I've attached a bulletin Honda posted about issues after the cover update/clutch replacement. Your symptoms point towards possibly having the large outer bearing in backwards. Or issues with the emergency valve (stuck), split rings or clutch plates.

Did you clean the system?

Attachments

• ml.remaw52a.msm_17177_pioneer_clutch_repair_special_edition_1905 (1).pdf
    890.6 KB · Views: 145

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!